Pieter Paul TerpstraPartner
Pieter Paul Terpstra is engaged in all aspects of corporate law. He has gained extensive experience in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, both strategic and private equity driven transactions, often with a complex cross-border dimension.
Pieter Paul has particular experience in advising clients in the energy sector, the insurance sector, as well as the technology sector.
- Assisting an international renewable investment firm with their bid to acquire a portfolio of around 70MW of operational on shore wind projects in the Netherlands.
- Advising Chint Solar on the sale of two solar parks to Blue Elephant Energy.
- Advising ID&T on several acquisitions in the Netherlands, including Art of Dance and Most Wanted DJ, and VD Events.
- Advising Aegon Growth Capital on their acquisition of a minority stake in Dutch insurance technology service provider RISK Verzekeringen.
- Advising a leading solar power generating enterprise on its acquisition of several different solar projects located throughout the Netherlands .
- Advising The Financial Times on their acquisition of a majority stake in The Next Web.
- Advising two of the carriers in the Conservatrix Group, Nuvema and Hooghenraed, on the sale of its Dutch (life)insurance portfolios to TPG and its Belgium insurance portfolio to DELA Verzekeringen.
- Advising Bpost on several acquisitions in the Netherlands, including the logistical services provider Leen Menken and the e-commerce fulfilment service provider Active Ants.
- Advising Commonwealth Investments and management on the management buy-out of Primevest Capital Partners from Bouwfonds IM.
- Advising a multinational life insurance, pensions and asset management company on several (often insurtech related) transactions.
- Advising Lone Star on the acquisition of Dutch Propertize Bank from the Dutch State.
- Grotius Academy, Corporate Law, 2012 (cum laude)
- University of Westminster, LL.M. International Law, 2007 (Distinction)
- Utrecht University, International Law, 2006
Pieter Paul is consistently ranked in the Legal 500 legal directory. As part of the “outstanding and commercially minded” team, Pieter Paul has been ranked in Legal 500 EMEA, 2020 "for his extensive cross-border experience" in Commercial, Corporate and M&A and separately for Energy: Transactional. In Chambers Europe 2020, he is referred to as "Very diligent, solid and technically good."
In 2014 Pieter Paul was seconded to the Paris corporate team of DLA Piper for six months. In Paris, he worked extensively on (French law governed) M&A and private equity transactions.
In 2016 Pieter Paul was seconded to the in-house legal team of a multinational life insurance, pensions and asset management company.
Pieter Paul has been a guest lecturer at Radboud University Nijmegen and the Centre for Post academic Legal Education.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board member of the Alliance Française Amsterdam