Edward is an experienced lawyer in the Intellectual Property and Technology group.
He advises clients on a broad range of information technology related issues, including those relating to IP creation, commercialisation and licencing, business process implementation and outsourcing transactions, cloud computing, ecommerce, cybersecurity and data protection/privacy.
Edward's practice has a particular focus on assisting founders, start up and growth companies in the technology sector with day-to-day commercial arrangements and critical transactions, as well as assisting foreign corporations with their plans to expand to New Zealand.
Edward’s recent experience includes advising:
- multiple European car manufacturers on the roll-out of their respective proposed connected car products in New Zealand, which included identifying, explaining and negotiating regulatory hurdles.
- a NASDAQ listed technology company on the New Zealand aspects of the global restructure of its online distribution and selling / e-commerce model.
- on the material legal issues associated with a business’ information technology systems and services, including for Shinsei Bank on its purchase of UDC Finance, and A2 Milk on its acquisition of its stake in Mataura Valley Milk.
- University of Otago, LLB, 2011
- University of Otago, BA, 2011
Memberships And Affiliations
- New Zealand Law Society
- Auckland District Law Society