Dr Susanne WeckbachCounsel
Susanne Weckbach is a commercial lawyer, with over 10 years' experience advising national and international corporate clients on all aspects of commercial matters throughout the entire value chain, from procurement and manufacturing to sales and distribution. She focuses on the automotive, chemical and industrial goods industry.
She is specialized on the drafting and negotiation of complex agreements and also on legal matters of the operative day-to-day business of her clients with a focus and deep industry knowledge in the automotive, chemical and industrial goods industry.
Her experience includes, in particular, agreements regarding purchasing and sales, complex (toll) manufacturing and supply agreements, service and maintenance agreements as well as standard/model agreements and leasing. She also advises clients on long-term, cross-border technology cooperation and technology joint ventures.
Another focus of her work is advising clients on the structuring and reorganization of contractual relationships following the acquisition or sale of companies and on the implementation of new business models.
- Comprehensive and continuous advice of a major player in the printing industry in all areas of commercial and distribution law including various transactions.
- Advising various OEMs in the automotive industry in connection with their market entry in Germany.
- Advising an OEM in the automotive industry on a long term cooperation with another OEM regarding the joint development and manufacturing of cars.
- Comprehensive and continuous advice to various Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive industry related to cooperation projects and related agreements, supply and service agreements and day-to-day queries regarding the implementation of and performance under various commercial contracts.
- Advising various leasing companies and OEMs comprehensively on various legal aspects of the leasing business, including new business and distribution models, customer contracts, innovative technical solutions and cooperations.
- University of Bayreuth (higher diploma in business studies), Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, First State Examination, 2005
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second State Examination 2007
- University of Augsburg, Ph.D,, 2010
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for commercial and distribution law; “Susanne Weckbach is excellent at drafting English contracts and experienced in complex contract mechanisms.”