Jacek GizińskiYa-tzeckCo-Managing Partner
Jacek Giziński is the Co-Managing Partner of DLA Piper's Warsaw office.
He advises clients on all stages of real estate projects, including conducting due diligence reviews, creating transaction structures, negotiating agreements for the sale of real properties or shares in special-purpose vehicles, obtaining building permits, and advising on construction processes and issues connected with the operation and commercialisation of real properties.
- Advising a Chinese investment fund, one of the largest investment groups in the world, on complex due diligence of the two major office buildings located in the core business centre in Warsaw. The works covered pre-transactional advice and tax structuring. The project was not completed due to commercial reasons
- Advising AVIVA Investors, a global investment fund, on the cross-border sale of a portfolio of 19 retail, office and logistics assets, including three office hubs in Warsaw. Our work included a pre-transactional high-level due diligence review of the Polish assets and transactional advice on Polish law aspects of the deal
- Advising a leading global real estate fund on the cross-border sale of a portfolio of 115 office and retail buildings, including seven office buildings in Poland
- Conducting a due diligence review of a portfolio of four A Class office buildings located in the business centre of Warsaw for an Israeli insurance company
- Conducting a complex vendor due diligence review of three large outlet centres in Poland for an international shopping centre developer and asset manager. Our work included a corporate review of the vendor, the real estate, and a detailed review of almost 300 lease agreements
- Advising a leading global asset management company on the cross-border purchase of a portfolio of several logistics assets located in Germany and Central and Eastern Europe, including two logistics parks in Poland (in Warsaw and Częstochowa). Our work involved the preparation of a buyer due diligence report and advice on the asset purchase agreement concerning the Polish properties
- Institute of Economics, Polish Academy of Science (PAN), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- University of Warsaw, Magister (Mgr), Prawo
- Ranked in Band 4 in Real Estate – Chambers Europe 2021 - 2022
- Jacek Giziński advises domestic and international clients on a range of real estate matters including acquisitions of office real estate. A source highlights: "He is a well-skilled and well-rounded lawyer." He is the co-managing partner of the firm's Warsaw office. – Chambers Europe Real Estate 2022
- Recommended in Real Estate, Construction, Energy and Natural Resources and Investment Funds – The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 – 2022
- “Jacek Giziński is an excellent M&A lawyer with a commercial attitude.” – The legal 500 EMEA, Energy and Natural Resources 2022
- “[Jacek] is committed to his work" and "goal-focused” – Chambers Europe, Real Estate 2021
- “Jacek Gizinski, as the head of real estate team, not only takes the lead on everything himself, but is available at any time and familiar with every single aspect of the transaction in each jurisdiction” – Legal 500 EMEA, Real Estate 2020
- Recommended for Construction, Energy and Natural Resources, Real Estate and Investment Funds – The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- Recommended for Construction, Energy and Natural Resources, Real Estate, Restructuring & Insolvency – The Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Recognized as Highly Regarded for Energy and Infrastructure, M&A and Project development - IFLR1000 2015-2020
- "Experienced, commercial practice head" of a "strong team (…) extremely focused on defined targets and crucial business goals" – The Legal 500 EMEA 2018
One of the main pillars of DLA Piper Poland’s strategic goals for the next 15 years is to dedicate time and expertise to pro bono activities.
Jacek has recently provided training on special economic zones to senior legal professionals from Sub-Saharan Africa countries at the University of Pretoria. He shared how special economic zones contributed to Poland’s economic growth after the socio-political transformation in 1989, and how learning from Polish experiences can help to boost the economic growth of developing countries in Africa.
Jacek has also provided leadership and support to lawyers involved in pro bono work, including the formation of a team called ‘DLAGranicy’ (meaning ‘For the Border’). Since its inception, this team has:
- assisted an Afghan family of 12, who had escaped from Afghanistan and settled in Poland, providing them with legal and practical assistance including financing their flat and providing essential household items
- provided legal aid for people escaping Ukraine and
- participated in the organisation and coordination of help for refugees at all stages: from assistance at the Polish/Ukrainian border and in reception centres, to finding accommodation and helping to legalise their stay (including international protection), raising funds, and collecting clothes, food and medicine.
DLA Piper Poland, as a firm and under the leadership of Jacek Giziński and Krzysztof Kycia, recently donated PLN100,000 (approximately EUR20,000) to Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH). We chose this organisation because of their ability to provide aid effectively and without delay. PAH has been present in Ukraine since 2014.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises RWE on the acquisition of a 3 GW solar project portfolio in Poland
28 August 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą RWE przy nabyciu portfela projektów solarnych o mocy 3 GW w Polsce
28 August 2022 .2 minute read