Luca Gori advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions for corporate venture house, venture capital houses, private equity houses and emerging growth companies.
Luca's significant experience includes acting on private equity acquisitions and disposals both in the UK and cross border, pre-IPO investment and venture capital investment for institutional and strategic investors in fields ranging from clean tech, oil and gas, and high tech companies.
- Advising a consortium of lenders on a loan to own EUR1.245bn debt restructuring of Maxeda.
- Advising GE Capital on its disposal to HNA of the TIP Trailer business for an enterprise value in excess of EUR500m.
- Advising management on the sale of OrientDB to Callidus Software.
- Advising a major shareholder of UC Rusal on further investments in UC Rusal.
- Advising an Apax portfolio company on the acquisition of Cyberoam Technologies Ltd.
- Advising Red Hat on the acquisition of FeedHenry Limited.
- Advising Aurium Capital and Foresight Group on the GBP270m investment in Bioenergy Infrastructure Group.
- Advising crowd-funder AngelList on setting up its platform in the UK.
- Advising AEA Investors on the re-organisation of CFS Holdings and the EUR435m sale of CFS Holdings BV to GEA Group.
- Advising Samsung Ventures on various strategic investments and disposals.
- Florence University Degree, Italian law degree (104/110)
- University of Southampton (LLM) (with merit)
- College of Law, (CPE) (with commendation)
College of Law, (LPC) (with distinction)
- Thinking big: Going global - with a corporate partner?, Helsinki, 1 Dec 2017
- Innovation Strategies for the Insurance Industry, 25 May 2017
- Speaker at Innovations in Insurtech, Tel Aviv, 11 Apr 2018
2006 to 2012, New York based corporate law firm
2001 to 2005, London based global law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises specialist decarbonisation investor OGCI Climate Investments on GBP15...
26 May 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises UK BNPL fintech Zilch on USD110m funding deal with Goldman Sachs and...
26 July 2021 .2 minute read