Martin Griffiths heads the firm’s Real Estate Litigation team in the North West. He has 20 years of experience advising clients in all aspects of commercial property litigation and dispute resolution including landlord and tenant, dilapidations, rent reviews, restrictive covenants, rights of light and insolvency related issues.
Martin has particular experience in Telecoms Code matters and regularly advises clients on issues concerning telecoms equipment on land and buildings.
He works closely with colleagues in Real Estate and Planning providing strategic advice on transactional matters and development projects. He has a varied client base, acting for institutional investors, pension funds, corporate occupiers and developers.
- University of Nottingham, B.Eng Hons, 1991
Ranked in both Chambers and Legal 500 (Leading Individual).
- “Martin is valued by clients as an experienced property litigator with one source stating “He is very clear and concise and gives background into the reasons behind his advice”" – Chambers
- Team leader Martin Griffiths is “very fast to respond” and “his team ‘tailors its advice’ to the client, based on the circumstances and greater strategy around the matter” – Legal 500
- 2000 to date – DLA Piper (Partner since 2010)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chairman and Trustee of Hodnet 2000 Educational Trust