Sam Neece NeeceAssociate
Sam Neece is a corporate and private equity attorney focused on representing US-based private equity firms and corporations in connection with M&A transactions and general corporate matters, including contracting, restructuring, capitalization, equity compensation, and capital raising. Sam also regularly represents US corporations and privately-owned businesses in preparation for sale to private equity firms and other institutional investors.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Sam provided services to private equity firms and corporations at another large law firm, primarily focused in lower middle market transactions. The sectors involved in Sam's practice involve healthcare, software, transportation, automotive, consumer products, industrial products, retail and food and beverage industries.
- Advised FlexGen Power Systems, a leading integration services and software technology provider for energy storage solutions, in connection with a $150 million equity commitment to FlexGen from Apollo Global Management, Inc. Apollo's investment will be made in partnership with FlexGen's existing investors, Altira Group and the founding investment group led by Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus.
- Advised CyrusOne, a Dallas-based data center operator, in connection with a $670 million divestiture of certain business assets related to four existing Houston, Texas data centers.
- Advised Columbia Capital, a Virginia-based private equity investor, in its acquisition of Bluewave Technology Group, a U.S.-based technology advisor and lifecycle management company, and represented the platform company in several add-on acquisitions.
- Advised CrossCom National LLC, an Illinois-based provider of IT services and solutions, in an investment by Linconlnshire Management, a leading private equity firm.
- Represented iC Consult Group, a leading global service and consulting company, in its acquisition of ICSynergy, a Texas-based renowned integrator of IAM based digital transformation solutions, and SecureITsource, a North American provider of IAM services.
- Represented IntegriChain, a private-equity backed platform company of Accel-KKR, in its acquisition of Blue Fin Group, a full-service professional management consulting firm.
- Represented Hire Dynamics, a U.S. provider of light industrial workforce solutions, in its sale to EmployBridge, a platform company of Apollo Global Management.
- LL.M., Northwestern University 2016
- J.D., John Marshall Law School 2015
- B.B.A., Baylor University 2011
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®️, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2022–2023, 2023-2024
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Driven Technologies in acquisition of NY metro-based Yotta Connect
21 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises on acquisitions for OSF Digital, 2nd Watch and Arlington Capital...
13 January 2022 .4 minute read