Pierre specializes in general criminal law, business criminal law and press-related disputes. He advises clients, both corporations and their senior executives, in targeting and preventing business criminal liability. When needed, he assists clients at all stages of criminal or regulatory proceedings initiated by French or foreign authorities.
Pierre began his career practicing within a French law firm specialized in criminal law and business criminal law.He has developed a solid understanding of judiciary practice, and an extensive experience in conducting criminal hearings.
Pierre also assists clients in press-related litigation, particularly in the areas of privacy violations, slander & defamation and right of reply.
- Assisting the financial director of a global industrial group before criminal courts in the context of an alleged transnational fraud case
- Assisting a senior managing executive of a French company before criminal courts in a manslaughter case
- Assisting the general counsel of an international finance group in a tax fraud-laundering case
- Assisting private individuals before the 17th chamber of the Paris Tribunal de grande instance (first instance court) specialized in press-related disputes, in the context of defamation proceedings
- Assisting private individuals before several Cours d'Assises (exclusively competent for serious indictable criminal offences)
- Paris Institute of Political Studies (Valedictorian summa cum laude), 2008
- McGill University, International Exchange Program Humanities & Social Sciences
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master 2 – Economical globalization law
University of Paris I Panthéon–Sorbonne, Master 2 – Private international law, and international business law
- Blog post: "France - Whistleblowing Laws in Europe: An international guide", DLA Piper Insight, June 2021
- Article: "Revirement de jurisprudence en matière de responsabilité pénale des personnes morales dans le contexte d'une fusion-absorption (s. Cass. crim., 25 novembre 2020, n° 18-86.955)", Les Echos Executives, Fusions & Acquisitions Magazine, March 2021
- Blog post: "COVID-19 Litigation and Regulatory Q&A: France", DLA Piper Insight, May 2020
- Blog post: "Contentieux pénal des affaires : Gestion de l’épidémie de COVID-19 par l’entreprise et responsabilité pénale", DLA Piper Insight, April 2020