Rune Jelte Weltz LLMSenior Associate
Rune Jelte Weltz focuses on advising German and foreign companies on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions including venture capital transactions.
In addition, Rune has broad experience in structuring limited liability companies and partnerships and corporate restructurings.
He also has a background in real estate law, in particular with regard to asset deals.
- Advising a market leading US based autonomous driving company in connection with its first time ever acquisition of a German technology target.
- Advising one of the world's leading providers of blood management solutions on a cross-border transaction.
- Advising a private equity investor on the acquisition of several real estate portfolios with a focus on food retailers.
- Advising a German stock corporation on the acquisition of several commercial real estate properties.
- Advising a German investment, project development and asset management company on the acquisition of several commercial real estate properties.
- University of Cape Town, Commercial Law, LLM, 2017
- Higher Regional Court of Schleswig, Second State Examination, 2016
- University of Hamburg, First State Examination, 2013
Georg-August-University Göttingen, intermediate examination, 2009
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recognised as “one to watch” for corporate and M&A
Prior to joining DLA Piper Rune worked for almost two years in a major international law firm in the Real Estate & Public department in Düsseldorf.
During his legal clerkship he worked for two international law firms in Hamburg in the corporate and real estate department.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises YouGov on the acquisition of GfK's consumer panel business
13 July 2023 .2 minute read