Renata Dalcol de Amorim FerreiraPartner
Renata boasts more than 15 years’ experience in venture capital, M&A and Private Equity transactions, providing fundraising/ investment advice to companies and investors at all levels of maturity, that is, from early investment rounds to a potential sale transaction. Renata also supports corporations in corporate venturing initiatives (CVCs) and in the organization of vehicles to invest in startups.
Her experience further includes general corporate advice to all types of Brazilian entities, and on business reorganization (consolidation, spin-off, merger, drop down) and asset sale transactions; organizing companies, joint ventures, consortia, associations, foundations, partnerships and other investment vehicles and drafting and negotiating business contracts.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
Renata’s client portfolio includes Brazilian and international startups, VC and PE firms, and companies from various sizes and in various industries, especially in the following sectors: technology, education, healthcare, banking and financial services (investment and fund management).
- Legal assistance to Softbank in the investment and divestment in 99 Taxi.
- Assistance to Crescera (former Bozano Investimento), one of the most active VC firms in Brazil, in investment and divestment and in startups and other companies in the technology and education sectors.
- Legal assistance to Hurb Technologies S.A. in the drafting and negotiation of investment instruments executed with a technology company based in Brazil, with the purpose of financing the development of an innovative project to provide autonomous and ecologic waterborne transportation to passengers through the canals of Rio de Janeiro.
- Advised Ouro Fino Saúde Animal Ltda. on acquisiton of 100% of the quotas of Regenera Medicina Avançada Ltda., a Brazilian biotechnology which specializes in stem cell therapy for animals which holds registered patents in the United States, Australia and Brazil and is also waiting for approval of patents related to its treatment in the EU.
- Legal assistance to Let’s Fly Foods and its founding shareholders in the early-stage investment round of the company, with multiple investors. The company is a biotechnology start-up whose business focuses in transforming organic waste in yeast for Black Soldier Fly maggots, which are then used in the production of high-protein food for pets.
- Advised Maas Global OY, the world’s most mature mobility-as-a-service operator, on acquisition of 100% of shares issued by Quicko, the leading MaaS player in Brazil, subject to the fulfillment of conditions precedent.
- Specialization in Corporate Venturing, Global Corporate Venturing Institute 2021
- Specialization in Venture Capital and Innovation, Getulio Vargas Foundation 2020
- Mentor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Solve Solution Global Innovation Challenge 2020
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Next Generation Partner, Brazil Corporate and M&A
- Author, "The Private Equity Review, Chapter 3, Brazil," Law Business Research, Fifth Edition, 2016
- Author, "The Private Equity Review, Chapter 2, Brazil," Law Business Research, Fourth Edition, 2015
Renata’s career began in the legal department of Vale S.A. (the largest mining company in Brazil), where she worked with M&A transactions, strategic investments, corporate governance and capital markets. In 2009, she joined a Brazilian renowned law firm, focusing on corporate law and M&A transactions. Renata joined the Rio de Janeiro office of Campos Mello Advogados in May 2012 and transferred to the São Paulo office in January 2015.
Her client portfolio includes Brazilian and international companies in various industries such as: technology, education, healthcare, banking and financial services (investment and fund management).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Innovation Committee of the ABDIB - Brazilian Association of Infrastructure and Basic Industries