Jean Paul DresenPartner
Jean-Paul Dresen has over 20 years of experience in domestic and international tax, with a particular focus on M&A transactions (including advising both domestic and international corporates, PE firms and hedge funds), corporate restructuring, post-merger or post-acquisition integration matters and capital market transactions.
Key areas of experience
- M&A transactions for corporates/multinationals/PE firms/hedge funds.
- Post-merger or post-acquisition integration projects.
- Implementing management equity incentive schemes.
- Assisting BASF on tax matters in relation to its 49.5% acquisition in respect of the largest offshore wind farm project, Hollandse Kust Zuid.
- Assisting Wintershall Dea on all relevant tax matters relating to its 1.5 billion undated notes issuance.
- Assisting BlackFin Capital Partners on the relevant tax aspects of the structuring of its acquisition of the Blauwtrust Groep.
- Assisting Patrizia AG on all tax matters in relation to the acquisition of the largest logistics complex in Project Maasvlakte.
- Assisting Centroid Investment Partners on all tax aspects of in its acquisition of TaylorMade Golf.
- Leiden University, Advanced LLM in International Taxation, 2009
- Tilburg University, Fiscal Economics, 2001
- Tilburg University, Dutch Tax Law, 2001
- Dutch job-related investment tax credit: Have you factored in the new tax incentive for your investment plans?, 16 March 2021
- Term of 30 percent ruling reduced from eight to five years as of 1 January 2019, 3 May 2018
Memberships And Affiliations
- International Fiscal Association
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association