Adam assists government authorities, private sector developers, international contractors, and a diverse group of lenders to major power, water and infrastructure projects in the Middle East.
He regularly advises on structuring, preparing and responding to competitive procurement processes, negotiates concession agreements, construction contracts and operating agreements, reviews regulatory regimes and provides strategic advice in relation to joint venture and shareholding arrangements. Having acted in projects across every GCC state and into North Africa and Central Asia, Adam has a deep understanding of the key risk allocations underpinning infrastructure development in the region.
Adam's experience includes advising:
Renewable Energy and Energy Transition
- Hydrogen Development Oman in the public tender of multiple sites in the first public auction for hydrogen projects in the Sultanate.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company in the development of the 1GW Manah I and II Solar IPPs in Oman.
- The Lenders to the successful consortium for the Red Sea Utilities Concession with the Red Sea Development Company in Saudi Arabia.
- EBRD in their support of the Kazakh Ministry of Energy’s procurement of the 150MW wind IPP across three sites.
- The Rural Area Electricity Company in Oman of hybrid IPP using diesel generators, solar and battery storage across multiple sites
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company in the development of the 500MW Ibri II Solar IPP in Oman.
- An international logistics company in multiple rooftop solar installations across the GCC and North Africa.
- An energy services company in energy efficient cooling services in the UAE.
- KAHRAMAA in the development of the 800MW Al Kharsaa Solar IPP in Qatar.
- A bidder in preparation of a bid for the EWA 100MW Askar PV IPP project on landfill in Bahrain.
- A bidder in the preparation of a bid for the 2GW Al Dhafra IPP in Abu Dhabi.
- A bidder in preparation of a bid for the NEPCO 30/30MW Electricity Storage System IPP in Jordan.
- The Renewable Energy Project Development Office on the development of the 400MW Dumat al Jandal Wind IPP in Saudi Arabia.
- The lenders to a bidding consortium for the Al Abdaliyah integrated solar and combined cycle plant in Kuwait.
- Saudi Electricity Company in the development of two solar PV plants at Al Jouf and Rafha with a combined capacity of 100MW.
- Saudi Electricity Company on its peak demand and demand management aggregator projects.
- Saudi Electricity Company on the concession documents for the 50MW Layla Al-Aflaj solar PV project.
- A procurer of a AED 1.6 billion waste-to-energy plant in Sharjah, including on construction, supply and offtake arrangements.
- A bidding consortium in preparation of a bid for the DEWA Solar IPP Phase II at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park in Dubai.
- A bidding consortium in preparation of a bid for the DEWA Solar IPP Phase III at the Mohammed Bind Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park in Dubai.
- An operator on the continued operations of the DEWA Solar IPP Phase I PV plant.
- A bidder in their bid for the development, financing, construction, ownership, operation and maintenance of a 50MW PV solar IPP in Egypt.
- A joint venture member in consortium negotiations for the construction of a 60 MW PV solar IPP in Jordan.
Water and Wastewater
- Saudi Water Partnership Company in their procurement of three ISTP sewage treatment plants at Madinah, Buraydah and Tabruk.
- Saudi Water Partnership Company in their procurement of the Rabigh 3, Yanbu IV, Jubail 3A and 3B IWPs, as well as the Shuaibah IWPP conversion into an IWP.
- A deloper for their bid for the development of the Rabigh 4 IWP.
- Saudi Water Partnership Company in the first four water transmission pipelines procured as a PPP in the region.
- Saudi Water Partnership Company in the first four water reservoirs procured as a PPP in the region.
- Saudi Water Partnership Company in the Jazan small scale sewage treatment program across multiple sites as a PPP.
- A consortium for their bid to develop the Jafurah WTP with Saudi Aramco.
- A consortium for their bid to develop the Zuluf WTP with Saudi Aramco.
- A bidder to the long term operation and maintenance of four STP plants in Jeddah City with NWC.
- An international consortium in their bid for the development of the Al Wakra and Al Wukair sewage treatment PPP in Qatar.
- Haya Water in their procurement of the first sewage treatment PPP in Oman.
- OPWP in their procurement of Ghubrah III IWP and Barka V IWP with a combined capacity of 400,000m3 /day.
- A bidding consortium in preparation of a bid for the ADWEA Taweelah IWP in Abu Dhabi, with a capacity of 1,200,000m3 /day.
- OPWP in relation to two independent water projects at Barka (280,000m3/day) and Sohar (250,000m3/day).
- An international bidder in their bid for a long term framework contract for O&M services with Ashghal in Qatar.
- OPWP in relation to the development of two independent power projects at Ibri (1500MW) and Sohar (1700MW).
- Advising a bidding consortium to a nuclear power project in the GCC.
- An international bidder in their bid for the 2.4 GW F3 IPP with the Emirates Water and Electricity Company in the UAE.
- A consortium member in the development of a CCGT power plant in central Asia.
- KAHRAMAA in the development of the 2500MW and 70MIGD Facility E IWPP in Qatar.
- Lenders to a bidding consortium to the Jeddah Courthouse PPP development.
- A consortium for the Al Olaya carparking PPP in Riyadh.
- A consortium for the first wave of Schools PPP in OMan.
- The Omani government in the PPP procurement of a truck road between Salalah and Thumrait.
- Etihad Rail in the structuring of their passenger, freight and infrastructure concessions.
- The successful consortium in the development of the SPARK office accommodation project with Saudi Aramco.
- A developer for their bid for the Haradh and Wudayhi accommodation PPP projects with Saudi Aramco.
- The Roads & Transport Authority of the Government of Dubai on standard PPP Contract documents.
- The winning civil works joint venture of Acciona and Gulermak in their bid for the Route 2020 extension of the Dubai Metro.
- Port Development Company (a JV between a subsidiary of the Saudi Binladin Group and Emaar, The Economic City) in relation to the SAR 2.5 billion project financing of a port at King Abdullah Economic City.
- Bee'ah on the development of their new headquarters building, designed by Zaha Hadid Architects.
- College of Law, Western Australia (GDLP, 2012)
- University of Western Australia (LLB, BA, 2011)
- Rising Star - Energy and Infrastructure, Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- Next Generation Lawyers - Energy and Infrastructure, Legal 500, 2017 and 2018
- Public Private Partnerships across the GCC – taking stock, 21 Nov 2016