Alexandra Kamerling handles EU and UK merger filings and foreign investment/national security filings, coordinating multi-jurisdictional merger these filings across the globe, as well as advising on EU and UK market investigations, abuse of dominance, distribution and licensing agreements and strategies, behavioural advice, sustainability projects, state aid/state subsidy, cartels (dawn raids) and immunity applications.
Alexandra acts for EU-listed companies and venture capitalists, private companies and trade associations before the Competition and Markets Authority, the EU Commission and other national competition authorities across the globe.
- Cambridge, Clare College, Modern Languages and Law, MA Cantab
- Guildford College of Law
- "A very common-sense approach, practical, and astute." Acritas Stars Survey, 2018
- "She's a very experienced regulatory lawyer, very practical in the advice that she gives, and really gets in on the business.", Acritas Stars Survey, 2018
- In Chambers Europe 2017, Alexandra is described by a client as "at the top of her game and commercial too"
- "She sort of gets to the point, so she just answers the questions basically.", Acritas Stars Survey, 2015
- In Legal 500, 2011, Alexandra is described as "first rate - she is technically excellent and applies the law in a pragmatic manner"
- Alexandra practised for several years in Brussels both at the EU Commission in DG COMP and at a prominent Dutch law firm.
- From 1995 to 2004, Alexandra worked for a prominent international law firm in their competition practice based in their London office. She worked closely with colleagues and clients in Brussels. Amsterdam and Paris. She also gained experience in US anti-trust law during the course of a secondment to a highly regarded anti-trust practice in Washington DC.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Net Zero Alliance Lawyers
- Law Society's Competition Group