Jakub Marcinkowski focuses on M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions. He has also significant experience in cross-border deals and corporate restructurings. For over 15 years of professional career he has been advising on number of transactions, both for strategic investors and private equity houses.
- Advising a private equity fund Polish Enterprise Fund VIII managed by Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of a majority stake in Polish software company Software Mind from Ailleron.
- Advising Mid Europa Partners, a leading private equity investor in Central and Eastern Europe, on the acquisition of a majority stake in GWD Concept (“Displate”), from its founders, Credo Ventures and Miton Capital.
- Advising Tar Heel Capital – THC SICAV-RAIF – FUND 2, on the sale of 100% shares in Tomma Diagnostyka Obrazowa, the largest private imaging diagnostics provider in terms of infrastructure, to PZU Zdrowie.
- Advising FIZAN Foreign Expansion Fund managed by PFR TFI with regard to an investment in Recat, a company operating in the processing of used automotive and industrial catalysts.
- Advising FIZAN Foreign Expansion Fund (managed by PFR TFI) on a joint investment, with Elemental Holding, in PGM of Texas, a US firm specialising in the treatment of used automotive and industrial catalytic convertors.
- Advising Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition (through privatisation process) of Polskie Koleje Linowe (Polish Cable Railways) and its subsequent sale to Polski Fundusz Rozwoju (Polish Development Fund).*
- Advising Maxima Grupe on the acquisition of Emperia Holding (owner of Stokrotka retail chain).*
- Advising Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition (from Penta Investments) of Żabka Polska, owner of the biggest chain of convenience stores in Poland and its subsequent sale to CVC Capital Partners.*
- Advising Żabka Polska, the leading convenience retail chain, on the acquisition of numerous retail chains in Poland.*
- Advising Iberdrola Renovables Energía on a sale of its wind power plants in Poland to PGE and Energa as part of Iberdrola’s global EUR 2 billion divesting process.*
*Experience gained prior to joining DLA Piper
- Faculty of Law and Administration, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2004
- Recognised in Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Private Equity and Investment Funds – Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked in Band 4 in Private Equity and Corporate and M&A – Chambers Europe 2022
- Recognised as Highly Regarded in Private Equity and M&A – IFLR1000 2022
- "Jakub Marcinkowski possesses broad experience in advising on acquisitions and sales and also assists private equity clients. Clients commend Jakub Marcinkowski for 'his proactive approach to solve the issues and being very creative in terms of solutions,' adding that 'he's focused on the right things.'" – Chambers Europe, Corporate and M&A 2022
- "Jakub Marcinkowski represents private equity funds in a variety of transactions including financing and acquisitions across different sectors. 'He has lots of ideas and great experience on the exit side,' a source says, while another adds: 'Jakub provided great support to us at all stages of the transaction.'" – Chambers Europe, Private Equity 2022
- “Jakub is experienced in cross-border transactions on behalf of private equity and venture capital clients. A client enthuses: "We feel the whole project is taken care of" – Chambers Europe, Private Equity 2020
- “Jakub advises clients on M&A as well as private equity deals. A client praises him for understanding the business beyond the letter of the law” – Chambers Global, Corporate/M&A 2020
- "He is noted for his representation of state investment bodies. A client describes him as "a talent professional," who "manages the team well and is always on time, helpful and supportive" – Chambers Europe, Private Equity 2019
- September 2019 - present, Partner, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- February 2007 – August 2019, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna, Warsaw
- December 2004 – January 2007, Associate, Baker & McKenzie, Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations
- Warsaw Bar Association of Advocates, Advocate, 2009
My latest insights
DLA Piper ranked once again among market leaders according to Rzeczpospolita’s 2022...
23 June 2022 .2 minute read