Anastasia MaxShe/herSenior Associate
Anastasia Max focuses on national and international value added tax, customs and anti-dumping duties, insurance premium tax as well as other indirect tax and excise tax matters. Further, she also mainly advises on tax compliance matters including criminal tax liability aspects and tax litigation matters. She also regularly advises on tax-effective real estate transactions.
- Provision of VAT and customs advice to various industry sectors, e.g. advising a distributor of information and communication technology on a complex customs procedure due to Brexit; structuring of the most efficient supply chain for the client; advising on the import VAT deduction; efficient cooperation with our UK tax and customs law colleagues.
- Extensive advice and representation of an EU airline operator in proceedings before the German tax court and the German customs authorities regarding alleged customs / import VAT infringements.
- Advising a client in the IT / technology sector on winning a time-critical tender for the German Armed Forces in connection with complex and customs-efficient exports, taking into account special military regulations and agreements between the United Nations and Mali (e.g. MINUSMA).
- Advising the client and communicating with customs authorities on the release of a large volume of business-critical goods that were stuck at German customs due to complex Brexit formalities.
- Advising an international real estate fund in connection with a high-volume double-digit million range real estate transaction.
- Criminal tax law advice on numerous voluntary self-disclosures and other tax investigation proceedings, e.g. advising a major insurer on a voluntary self-disclosure under criminal tax law in connection with the incorrect payment of insurance premium tax in Germany.
- Goethe-University Frankfurt, Second State Examination, 2019
- Goethe-University Frankfurt, First State Examination, 2016
- Saarland University in cooperation with University of Metz, LLB, 2013