US Chair, Tax Practice
Alison Maxwell concentrates her practice in international tax with a focus on operational structuring, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and post-acquisition integration.
Alison has assisted a wide range of clients, from startups to multibillion-dollar multinationals, in structuring acquisitions, cross-border financing, integrating legal entities and ensuring that the final international structure can efficiently meet both US and foreign compliance requirements. She has advised on large-scale international merger and acquisition transactions.
Alison is a frequent speaker on international tax matters. She is the Chair of the US Tax Practice and formerly served as the Co-Chair for the firm's National Leadership Alliance for Women (LAW) as well as Managing Partner of the Seattle office. She is also the coach of her sons' baseball teams.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- B.S., International Business, University of Akron
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, Illinois Real Estate (2023)
- Short list, Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Rising Star Award (2018)
- 40 Under 40 Honoree, Puget Sound Business Journal (2016)
- Washington Rising Star (2014 – 2019)
- "Six Key Considerations for a Successful Post-Acquisition Integration," Tax Notes International, April 8, 2019
- ''International Tax and Trade Policy Roundtable,'' held by Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle and DLA Piper, September 2015
- "DLA Piper Elevates 5 Attys To Office Managing Partner Roles," Law360, March 4, 2021
- "UK's digital tax plan could complicate things for Silicon Valley," Corporate Counsel, November 2, 2018
Prior to joining the firm, Alison worked in Deloitte's San Francisco tax office, where she focused on international tax matters including tax planning, provision and compliance.