Michał Pietuszko is the head of the Real Estate practice in DLA Piper's Warsaw office.Michał is a highly experienced commercial real estate lawyer, having worked for both property development companies and legal firms. He advises clients from various sectors (logistics, office, hospitality and retail) on real estate transactions and during all stages of the implementation of investment projects.
Michał has extensive experience in all legal aspects of the sale, purchase, commercialisation and management of logistics centres and warehouses and he has advised domestic and international developers on the implementation of investments in Poland, including those carried out in partnership with public institutions.
Areas of practice
- Real estate transactions
- Lease agreements
- Realisation of investments
- Building law
- Advising DHL Exel Supply Chain, number one contract logistics provider, on the investment in DL Invest Park Psary, Poland.
- Advising Elite Partners Capital on the purchase of six warehouse buildings covering a combined area of more than 260,000 m2. located in a logistics park situated in a fast developing logistics centre on the south-west of Warsaw, one of the largest logistics transactions so far this year.
- Advising WeWork, a leading global provider of co-working spaces, in the construction matters during its expansion in Poland.
- Advising SAUR Polska, a company creating innovative solutions in the field of water and sewage management and environmental protection, on the due diligence review of a property in Piekoszów for investment related to the lease of real property for the purpose of construction of sewage treatment plant.
- Advising Markaz, a Kuwait investor during their first investment in Poland, on the development management agreement with Panattoni Europe and the acquisition of a real property with a total area of ca. 80 000 m2 in southern Poland, including developing a logistics centre with 50 000 m2.
- Advising an international hotel chain on their expansion to several Polish cities to operate hotels under one of Marriott's brand; conducting a due diligence review of several properties in Warsaw, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Lublin, Katowice, Kraków and Poznań, and preparing franchise agreements related to operation of the hotel objects under a new brand.
- University of Warsaw, Master of Management and Marketing, 2007
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2004
- Ranked in Band 4 in Real Estate – Chambers Europe 2022
- “Michał Pietuszko leads DLA Piper's real estate department and advises international investors with a range of real estate matters including acquisitions and leasing agreement negotiations.” – Chambers Europe Real Estate 2022
- "Michał is a true leader of his team and is able to manage his lawyers to fulfil various tasks.”– Chambers Europe Real Estate 2022
- Recommended in Real Estate – The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- "A very professional approach to the client of the entire DLA team, represented by Michał Pietuszko. During the negotiations, DLA focuses on closing the transaction and negotiating optimal solutions for the client that are acceptable to the other party. There is a very professional and very good cooperation with the law firm." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Real Estate 2022
- “Michał [is] one of the best legal advisers specialized in real estate. Always looking for solutions, aiming to conclude deals within business assumptions set by the customer. Proactive, helpful, professional” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Real Estate 2021
- Recognised in Real Estate for his “experience in real estate, development and construction transactions” – The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- “Michał enters the table this year as a result of positive client and peer feedback. He represents international investors in real estate transactions. His business-oriented style is underlined by clients, one reporting: "He is pragmatic, he knows how we think" – Chambers Europe, Real Estate, Construction 2020
Among the positions held before joining DLA Piper, Michał was Director of the Legal Department in a Polish company belonging to a leading international commercial property developer and an adviser to the management boards of a number of Polish and international property development and investment companies.
- June 2019 – present, Partner, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- May 2015 – May 2019, Counsel, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- January 2014 – April 2015, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- June 2009 - December 2013, Director of the Legal Department, Neinver Polska, Warsaw
- August 2009 – December 2013, Member of the Supervisory Board of Galeria Katowicka
- October 2005 – May 2009, lawyer, Gray International, Warsaw
- August 2003 – September 2005, lawyer, international law firm, Warsaw
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises DHL on sale of carbon neutral logistics portfolio in European key...
24 November 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises a North American private equity investor on the acquisition of two...
3 August 2022 .1 minute read