Samuel MaiOf Counsel
Samuel’s practice covers a broad variety of corporate matters, with a particular focus on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital.
Samuel has extensive experience in advising international corporations, venture capital and private equity funds on public and private cross-border transactions.
- Advising Aetna on the sale of its non-life insurance business in Thailand to Allianz.
- Advising on joint venture between AffaMed Therapeutics and SIFI S.p.A. on premium innovative intraocular lenses in the PRC, including Taiwan, Macau and Hong Kong.
- Advising the Honor Roll Group on the sale of Dalian Huamei Bilingual School and Dalian American International School, to the Nord Anglia Education Group.
- Advising Marsh & McLennan Companies, a renowned insurance intermediary group, in their global post-acquisition integration (with the former Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group) on nine APAC jurisdictions including the PRC, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Macau, Indonesia and the Philippines, which includes business transfers, share transfers, mergers, and various submissions to the local insurance regulators.
- Advising Kerry Logistics on its acquisition of the remaining 49% stake of the APEX Group, a US freight forwarding business (it acquired 51% stake in the group in 2016 for USD88m).
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- University College London, UK, LLM, 2011
- The College of Law, UK, L.P.C., 2010
- University College London, UK, LLB, 2009