Rita Costa CarvalhoShe/herSenior Associate
Rita Costa Caravalho is a senior associate who has been with DLA Piper ABBC since the beginning of her law career and is now a lawyer with a vast experience in commercial and corporate law.
Her practice focuses on corporate and commercial, and private equity matters, being involved in transactions as well as assisting several companies on their day-to-day activities. Rita has worked on a broad range of M&A and private equity investments, including domestic and cross-border transactions.
She has been engaged in the structuring, negotiation, setting-up and legal management of several projects in these areas, in a broad range of industries, including financial services, technology, media, sports and entertainment, hospitality and leisure, real estate, retail and insurance.
She's praised by her expertise and capability, as well as leadership skills.
- Advising venture capital companies on investment and disinvestment processes and monitoring of companies receiving investment from the capital funds under management
- Advising a private Portuguese bank on the sale of units in two venture capital funds and shares in a venture capital company
- Advising an investment fund on the acquisition of one of Portugal's largest travel and tourism operators
- Advising Portuguese and international investors on the constitution of venture capital funds and specialised alternative investment funds
- Advising an investment fund on the acquisition of a Portuguese commercial bank, following the application of a resolution action by Banco de Portugal
Lisbon University, School of Law, Masters Candidate in Commercial Law
Lisbon University, School of Law, Post-Graduation Degree in Securities Law, 2010
- Catholic University, School of Law, Post-Graduation Degree in Commercial Law, 2006
- Ranked as Associate to Watch by Chambers and Partners in Chambers Europe
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Commercial, Corporate and M&A
- 2013 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2007 - 2013, Associate Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2003 - 2007, Trainee Laywer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association