Steven GrayLegal Director
Steven has 19 years of experience in climate-related policy and regulation, including energy transition and climate finance.
He works with lawyers across a number of practice areas to provide advice on climate regulation, carbon pricing, climate risk integration and climate-related disclosure. He also supports clients develop strategies, identify and manage sustainability and ESG risks across project finance, asset and resource allocation, due diligence, governance, compliance, policies and processes.
Steven has recently concluded a year at the UK's Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy placed in the International Climate Finance Directorate. He has also advised the World Bank, the Green Climate Fund, the Climate Investment Funds, the Hoffmann Centre for Sustainable Resource Economy and the University of Cambridge, Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- Integrating ESG due diligence as part of traditional legal due diligence.
- Strategic advice and management of UK Partnership for Accelerated Climate Transitions (UK PACT). Development and implementation of UK PACT portfolio of early activities.
- Advising on Mexico-UK climate partnership development.
- Senior stakeholder engagement and market engagement.
- Advising and leading engagement with the Pacific Alliance's Environment and Green Growth Technical Group.
- Strategic direction and operation of Carbon Trust Mexico. Project design and oversight (e.g. Low Carbon Sates, Low Carbon Municipalities, Renewable Energy and Technology Innovation Needs Assessment).
- Advising PE funds on strategic prioritisation of policy and regulatory risk.
- Providing advisory services on emissions trading, market mechanisms and climate finance.
- Evaluating the impact of climate policy and regulatory change on assets and projects under management.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK, Master of Laws (LLM), 2003
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Law Degree, 2001
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to practice in Mexico