Jeffrey K. LehrerPartner
Chair, Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
Member, US Executive Committee
Jeff Lehrer concentrates in representing clients in connection with corporate and securities transactions, including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, venture capital, joint ventures and corporate finance and international matters.
Jeff's clients include a wide range of early stage and later stage companies.
Jeff's is a member of DLA Piper's Executive Committee.
Representative Emerging Technology Company Clients
- Advizr (sold to Orion Advisor Services)
- Altruista Health (equity transaction with Capricorn Healthcare)
- Acceller, Inc. (sold to Bridgevine)
- Acuity Mobile (sold to NAVTEQ)
- Arctic Sand Technologies (sold to Murata Manufacturing)
- Astrin Biosciences
- Attila Security (sold to ID Technologies)
- Capsule8 (sold to Sophos)
- CloudBolt (equity transaction with Insight)
- Co-Construct (equity transaction with Serent Capital)
- Collaborative Solutions (sold to Cognizant, NASDAK: "CTSH")
- Condaptive (sold to Millennial Media, NYSE: "MM")
- CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets
- Daily Caller
- Device Magic
- DH Enterprise (sold to Synova Capital)
- DoublePositive Marketing Group (sold to Output Services Group)
- Dynex Technologies
- Edge Hosting (sold to Data Bank)
- Encellium (sold to Siemens, NYSE: "SI")
- ERA Systems Corporation (sold to SRA International, NYSE: SRX)
- Expedition Technology
- EverFi (sold to Blackbaud, NASDAQ: "BLKB")
- FactoryFour (sold to Xometry, NASDAQ: "XMTR")
- FedBid (sold to Compusearch)
- FortiusOne (sold to Esri)
- FranConnect (equity transaction with Serent Capital)
- GoCanvas (sold to K1)
- hCentive (sold to Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group, NYSE: “UNH”)
- HSP Group
- High Street Partners (HSP) (sold to Nair)
- ID Agent (sold to Kaseya)
- Ideeli (sold to Groupon, NASDAQ: "GRPN")
- Informous (f/k/a Three Stage Media and BDMetrics)
- Karsun Solutions
- Katapult (NASDAQ: "KPLT")
- Library Services Solutions
- Lucidiom (sold to Nuritsu)
- Maxion Technologies (sold to Physical Sciences, Inc.)
- MediaGlu (sold to AppNexus)
- Millennial Media (NYSE: "MM") (sold to AOL)
- Mobile Posse (sold to Digital Turbine, NASDAQ: “APPS”)
- Moodlerooms (sold to Blackboard, NASDAQ: "BBBB")
- NanoScale (f/k/a AnyPresence ) (sold to TIBCO)
- Newlans (sold to confidential Buyer)
- Nextility (f/k/a Skyline Innovations)
- Opower (NYSE: "OPWR," sold to Oracle)
- Optimal Dynamics
- Orbis Technologies
- OrderUp (sold to Groupon, Nasdaq: "GRPN")
- Peak Dental Solutions (sold to Varsity Healthcare Partners)
- Platform Logic (sold to Symantec, Nasdaq: SYMC)
- Porter Road
- PowerPrecise (sold to Texas Instruments, NYSE: TXN)
- Privia Health (transaction with an affiliate of Goldman Sachs)
- ProVox (sold to Atirix Medical Systems)
- Public Relay
- Quantum Circuits
- Recommended Reading (a/k/a MIXX) (sold to UberMedia)
- Refirm Labs (sold to Microsoft; NASDAQ: "MSFT")
- Regent Education
- Return Solutions
- Revolution Cooking
- Rivet Logic (sold to VariQ)
- Salsa Labs (equity transaction with Accel-KKR)
- SeniorChecked (sold to N.E.W. Customer Service Corporation)
- Sidecar (sold to Quantile)
- Silent Circle (equity transaction with Data Tribe)
- SmartButton (sold to Aimia, Toronto Exchange: "AIM")
- SparkPost (sold to MessageBird)
- SPARTA (sold to Westec)
- Spectrum K12 School Solutions (sold to Scantron)
- Star Pharmaceuticals (sold to Esprit Pharma)
- STAQ (sold to Operative)
- Thinkful (sold to Chegg, NYSE: “CHGG”)
- ThreatSim (Sold to Wombat)
- Tenebril (sold to Process Software)
- Traffiq (sold to Talus Holdings)
- Trusted Health Plan (sold to CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield)
- Venga (sold to Open Table/Booking Holdings, NASDAQ: “BKNG”)
- WeddingWire (equity transaction with Permira)
- Zoomdata (sold to Logi Analytics)
Representative Venture Capital Firm and Corporate Venture Clients
- Andreesen Horowitz
- Arsenal Venture Partners
- BMW North America
- Boulder Ventures
- Chrysallis Ventures
- CNF Investments (Clark Enterprises)
- Columbia Capital
- Core Capital Partners
- Fintech Collective
- Harbert Venture Partners
- Morgan Noble
- Kaplan Ventures
- Kinetic Ventures
- New Atlantic Ventures (NAV)
- New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
- New Markets Growth Fund
- North Hill Ventures
- Novak Biddle Venture Partners
- OnPoint Ventures
- Osage Ventures
- Paladin Capital Management
- Passport Capital
- RedShift (f/k/a SpaceVest)
- Rethink Impact
- Route 66 Ventures
- Safeguard Scientifics
- Savano Capital
- Sierra Ventures
- SWaN & Legend Ventures
- Tribeca Venture Partners (f/k/a Greenhill SAVP)
- Valhalla Partners
- J.D., University of Virginia 1996
Margaret G. Hyde Award
Student Bar Association, President
- B.A., Rutgers University 1993
- Chambers USA
- Band 1, Virginia: Northern Corporate/M&A (2012-2023)
- Band 3, Nationwide Investment Funds: Venture Capital (2013-2014)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2012-2022)
- Named a "Leader in Law" by Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Washington Smart CEO has recognized Jeff as a member of the Greater Washington Legal Elite
- Recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers
- CFP & Founders Forum, "State of the US Venture and IPO Markets"
- NVTC Private Equity Committee, "State of the Venture Capital Market"
- NVTC Private Equity Committee, "Where are all the Angel Investors?"
- NVTC Private Equity Committee, "The Return of the Angels"
- University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, Guest Lecture—Venture Capital and Corporate Governance Issues"
- Virginia CIT, Breakfast with Experts, "Replacing Yourself as a Member of Management"
- Century Club Bootcamp for Entrepreneurs and Growing Companies, "Giving the Perfect Investor Presentation"
- Venture Capital Series, "Living with Venture Capitalists Post-Investment"
- Venture Capital Series, "What Entrepreneurs Absolutely Need To Know—Moving from the First Investor Meeting to a Successful Close"
- Maryland Intellectual Property Legal Resource Center, "Common Legal Mistakes Made By Young Companies and How to Avoid Them"
- Washington, DC Technology Council Early Capital Forum Boot Camp, "Effective Investor Presentations"
- ASMR Biotech Bootcamp, "Recommended Steps to Get Your Company a VC Term Sheet"
- Corporate Board Member's Annual M&A Conference, "Raising Growth Capital"
- University of Maryland Technology Startup Bootcamp, "Is Technology Entrepreneurship For You"
- Venture Capital Series, "What Entrepreneurs Absolutely Need To Know—Preparing for the First Investor Meeting"
- "Sarbanes-Oxley: Impact on Private Companies"
- University of Virginia, School of Law, Guest Lecturer—Venture Capital
- George Mason University, School of Law, Guest Lecturer
Civic and Charitable
- Former Board Member, TIE, Washington
- Former Board Member, Greater DC Cares
- Rutgers University Board of Trustees, First-Ever Full Voting Student Member, 1991 – 1997
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Lanvin Group on USD1 billion de-SPAC merger to go public on New York...
21 December 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises SemaConnect in its acquisition by Blink Charging Co. for US$200 million
21 June 2022 .3 minute read