Max Mayer is an English law qualified solicitor based in The Netherlands with experience on various lending products across the entire credit cycle, with a specific focus on acquisition and corporate finance arrangements.
Substantially all of Max's transactions involve international businesses and capital providers. Max's client base is balanced between borrower/sponsor mandates and lender side instructions. His practice has a strong focus on sponsor driven leverage finance transactions with private credit fund financing solution, in particular in a competitive bid auction context, refinancing opportunities (including dividend recapitalisations) and public-to-private takeovers.
Max joined DLA Piper in the Netherlands in 2018 as partner in the Finance and Project practice.
- University of Bristol
Awards and Recognitions
- Max is ranked as a Next Generation Partner in Legal 500, 2020 for Banking and Finance. He is also ranked as a Leading Individual in Chambers Europe, 2020.
- In Legal 500, 2020, he is referred to as a ‘‘individual to note’’ for Private Equity.
- Chambers Europe, 2020: Clients laud Max for being ‘‘very responsive,’’ adding that ‘‘he really gets into the detail’’ and is ‘‘really good at taking a balanced approach that works for both sponsors and lenders.’’ Also, ‘‘he is really on top of where the market is as it changes’’.
- Max is recommended by IFLR 1000 as highly regarded for Banking in the Netherlands.
- In 2016 and 2017 Max was nominated as M&A Best Banking and Finance Lawyer of the year for the Dutch M&A Awards.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Registered as a European Lawyer with the Dutch Bar Association (NOVA)