EVs - The Road to Maturity
8 December 2022 12:00-1:00pm GMT
You are invited to join us at our panel event to discuss how policy and actions can support the 2030 target, after which new petrol and diesel cars can no longer be sold in the UK. We will look at key issues such as energy supply and capacity, technology, funding and revenue, and land rights, and will also look at the consequences of fleet electrification in terms of its demands on other infrastructure, and the benefits it may have.
Rubayet Choudhury, an energy and infrastructure partner who specialises in advising on EV projects, will chair the event, and we are very pleased to be joined by panellists:
- Richard Draper, Investment specialist at Octopus Energy
- Asif Ghafoor, CEO at Be.EV
- Caroline Low CBE, Joint Director of Transport Decarbonisation at the Department for Transport
- Christian Schneider, Infrastructure Private Equity specialist in the Climate Infrastructure Group at BlackRock Alternatives
Octopus Energy has recently invested into Be.EV in order to roll-out their UK EV charging network and Richard and Asif can discuss their joint plans and insights into developing a community based network. Whereas Caroline, at the Department for Transport, will provide a public policy perspective and Christian will give a wider European perspective following BlackRock’s investment into several EV Charging platforms globally.
This webinar will focus on the below areas:
- Infrastructure and the grid - investment, challenges and regional differences and needs.
- The role of fleet models and roll-out.
- Investment opportunities and barriers.
- New Technology - vehicle to grid technology, hydrogen having a place alongside EVs, wireless charging, mix of charge types in the future e.g. super-fast.
- The user - accessibility, usability and safety of charge points.