Daphne Bens, head of the Dutch Corporate group, has over 20 years’ experience in advising (multi)national corporations as well as listed companies in complex cross- border M&A transactions. Daphne's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and general corporate law.
Daphne has a specific focus on the Technology sector and the Hospitality and Leisure sector and is member of the DLA Piper core teams in these sectors. She has also been a member of the jury of the Philips Innovation Awards in recent years.
In 2002 Daphne was seconded at DLA Piper Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Advising Crossroads, a private equity fund manager, in the sales process of eight franchised Benelux hotels to Easy Plc for approximately 145 million euros.
- Advising Collagen Matrix, Inc., a global leader in regenerative medicine and a Linden Capital Partners portfolio company, with the acquisition of Polyganics, B.V. a medical technology company that develops and manufactures bioresorbable medical devices.
- Advising Majorel (a global provider of next-generation end-to-end customer experience (CX) solutions for digital-native and vertical leading brands and listed on the Euronext Amsterdam) on the acquisition of IST Networks (a full-service CX Technology Services provider).
- Advising Box Inc. (a cloud content management services company) on its acquisition of SignRequest (a cloud-based electronic signature company).
- Advising Fortissimo Capital (a leading private equity fund in Israel,) on its acquisition of a majority stake of Sanquin Plasma Products B.V. (a plasma-derived medicine producer).
- Advising IMF Bentham Limited (listed on the Australian Securities Exchange) on the acquisition of Omni Bridgeway Holding. We have also assisted with the capital raise in order to finance this acquisition.
- Assisting Algeco Group on its acquisition of several Dutch BUKO entities, including BUKO Huisvesting and BUKO Bouw & Winkels.
- Advising Dechra Pharmaceuticals on the EUR340m acquisition of AST Farma and Le Vet.
- Advising Accruent BC Holdings on its acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares in the capital of BlueCielo Group B.V. from Gilde.
- Advising G Square Capital on its acquisition of Duo Med Group from ABN Amro Participaties.
- Advising NH Hotels on the EUR155m sale of NH Barbizon Palace to DEKA, including on the lease agreement for leaseback of the hotel.
- Reed Business Information, Post graduate education M&A, 2004
- Radboud University, Post Graduate Academy of, Pallas European Business law, LLM, 1998
- University Utrecht, Corporate and Civil law, 1997
University of East London, Company law, 1996
Awards and Recognitions
- Recommended by Chambers and Legal 500 2022.
- Chambers feedback: Daphne Bens is "very smart, highly involved and thinks ahead. “Clients also emphasise her attention to their needs, with a source noting: "She is very experienced and knowledgeable. She is able to quickly understand what is important to us and how to relate that to negotiations.” Bens regularly advises both Dutch and international clients on cross-border M&A transactions.
- Legal 500 feedback: Daphne heads the Corporate group and advises on complex cross-border M&A transactions and has a focus on the technology sector. The team is ‘‘outstanding, commercially-minded, showed initiative, and could explain complex Dutch law issues to us clearly. The DLA Piper team achieved all of this. Chambers feedback: She is ‘‘insightful in her analysis and pragmatic in approach’’.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the American Chambers of Commerce in the Netherlands (AmCham)