Micheál MulveyMe-hall Mul-veeHe/himLegal Director
Micheál Mulvey is a corporate lawyer with a practice focused on domestic and international M&A, fundraising (both from a company and investor perspective), shareholder arrangements and general corporate matters.
Micheál acts for clients on a variety of corporate transactions but is particularly active in the Consumer Goods, Food and Retail sector, the Life Sciences sector and the Technology sector.
He also has extensive experience in advising on foreign direct investment, assisting international companies seeking to do business in and through Ireland and on the broad spectrum of issues that follow.
He works for many Irish and international clients particularly from the US, UK, Canada and China. In addition to being qualified in Ireland he is also qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales.
- Acting for Boston-based digital health company Linus Health on its acquisition of Kinesis Health Technologies, a Dublin-based leader in physical function assessment for older adults.
- Acting for international law firm Ogier on its merger with Irish law firm Leman Solicitors LLP.
- Acting for Navitas Semiconductor on its merger with NYSE listed special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Live Oak Acquisition Corp. II. The transaction, which valued the combined entity at an enterprise value of USD1.04 billion, resulted in Navitas becoming a publicly-traded company.
- Acting for Sopra Banking Software, a global leader in banking and specialised financing software, on its acquisition of Dublin-based Luminosity, a highly regarded provider of digital auditing and risk management software.
- Acting for Datamars, a Swiss headquartered specialist in identification products for livestock, pets and textiles on its acquisition of Irish remote animal monitoring company, HerdInsights.
- Acting for Pico Quantitative Trading, a leading provider of technology services for the global financial markets community, on its acquisition of Corvil, a market leader in real-time analytics and machine intelligence products for financial markets infrastructure performance and operations.
- Acting for Allied Digital on the establishment of its European IT services operation which involved the provision of multi-jurisdictional corporate, tax and employment law advice across 12 countries.
- Acting for a US life sciences group on the establishment of its Irish manufacturing operations. This involved advising on all aspects of the project from the initial incorporation of the Irish entities to the development of a brownfield site and a greenfield site to manufacture delivery components for heart valve therapies.
- Acting on the share sale of an Irish process outsourcing firm to a Canadian headquartered global business process and IT outsourcing firm.
- Acting for an investment firm on the disposal of its shareholding in an Irish engineering company by way of a sale to the management team (in a strategic partnership with an international oil and gas services group).
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Finance Law, 2008
- Trinity College Dublin, LLM, 2004
- NUI Galway, LLB, 2003
NUI Galway, B Corp Law, 2002
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Washington Dental Service on key acquisition to boost dental industry’s...
6 November 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises on sale of Glofox to US tech group ABC Fitness Solutions
2 August 2022 .2 minute read