Jan SchürmannSenior Associate
Jan Schürmann practices in the area of corporate law, with a focus on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. He is involved in transactions across a broad range of industry sectors, advising both on strategic M&A deals as well as Private Equity and Venture Capital investments. Jan offers particular experience with transactions in the Renewable Energy sector. As a Legal Tech Fellow, Jan Schürmann is jointly responsible for DLA Piper's Legal Tech strategy in Germany.
- Advising Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG on the sale of Docufy GmbH.
- Advising an international infrastructure fund on the sale of a 180MW German and French solar and wind portfolio.
- Advising a Germany-based RegTech provider on several domestic and international add-on acquisitions.
- Advising an international consortium including a foreign pension fund on the acquisition of a 400MW German offshore wind farm.
- Advising an international infrastructure fund on the sale of a 140MW onshore wind portfolio in Germany.
- Higher Regional Court of Celle, Second State Examination, 2018
- Bucerius Law School, First State Examination, 2016
- 2019 to 2021 – Associate in the Hamburg office of an international law firm, special focus on M&A transactions in the renewable energy sector
- 2016 to 2017 – trainee lawyer with a Hamburg based law firm of insolvency administrators
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises HCLTech on acquisition of German Automotive Engineering Services Company...
17 July 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Uniper on the closing of the sale of its marine fuels trading business...
12 June 2023 .2 minute read