Margarida Leitão NogueiraShe/herSenior Associate
Margarida Leitão Nogueira has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of regulatory and intellectual property and technology, with particular focus, in the fields of privacy and data protection, cybersecurity, information technology, media, gaming and entertainment, advertising, e-commerce, consumer law and commercial contracts.
Margarida provides ongoing and comprehensive legal advice and assistance to national and international Clients and participates of several multijurisdictional projects, developing her activity mainly in life sciences, consumer goods and retail and technology sectors. She stands out for her experience in privacy and data protection compliance programs, cybersecurity related matters, consumer agreements and commercial distribution, product compliance and safety, including on heavily regulated products as medicines, medical devices, cosmetic and foodstuff.
- Assisting national and international Clients on the implementation of projects involving deployment of new technologies, such as connected vehicles and autonomous driving, as well as the implementation of new technological solutions.
- Led comprehensive review of privacy and data protection laws and regulations compliance, notably by assessing compliance and implementing compliance programs in national and international leading companies in the scope of healthcare, pharmaceutical and automotive sector.
- Assisting national and international Clients on cybersecurity related matters, notably on cyber incidents and data breaches arising from phishing attacks and on the prevention of cyberattacks.
- Assisting national and international Clients on the implementation of legal reporting procedures and requirements in the scope of Whistleblowing laws and regulations.
- Assisting on commercial distribution related matters (e.g. agency, concession and franchise agreements) and on consumer relationships, notably within the scope of e-commerce, pre-contractual information, warranties, defective products and supply chain liability.
- Assisting on product compliance reviews (packaging, labelling, advertising, promotion, safety and security standards, storage and transportation) for national and international Clients in the healthcare, foods and beverages and industrial sectors.
- Assisting national and international Clients in the scope of health products distribution, Health Care Professional (HCP’s) interactions and transparency obligations.
- Assisting international Clients on internet contents and advertising and marketing requirements applicable to heavily regulated products and services, such as alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, gambling services, medicines and medical devices.
- Assisting Clients on regulatory matters related to gaming and entertainment, notably by providing legal advice and assistance to several international operators of online gambling sector in the scope of licensing processes to operate in Portugal.
- Assisting Clients on intellectual property related matters, notably trade secrets, unfair competition, copyright and industrial property rights.
- Lusíada University Law School, Lisbon, Specialization Course in Copyright and Information Society, 2012
- Portuguese Catholic University, School of Law, The Law of the European Union, 2009
- Lisbon University, School of Law, Post-Graduate in Competition Law and Regulation, 2008
Lisbon University, School of Law, Law Degree, 2006
- Recommended by Legal 500 in TMT and Intellectual Property
- Speaker in the Conference "Amendements Employement Legal Framework” (Data Protection: Implementation of General Data Protection Regulaetion in the scope of the employment relationships), 2019
- Speaker in the Conference “The New Data Protection Legal Framework and its Impact in the Media”, 2018
- Speaker in the Conference "The New Data Protection Legal Framework" (Encarregado de Proteção de Dados e Violação de Dados), 2017
- 2009-present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2006-2009, Trainee Lawyer / Associate, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association