Jaqueline SuryanZhah-ke-LEE-nih SOO-ri-anShe/HerPartner
“Jaqueline Suryan – highly qualified, experienced and with a customer-centric approach to establishing lasting relationships.”
Jaqueline Suryan advises on complex transactions in the areas of insurance, reinsurance, private pensions, capitalization and health matters.
She authored the book Healthcare Plans Under Constitutional Perspective as well as numerous articles related to her practice. She has additionally spoken at a variety of seminars and events.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Law Degree
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Master’s Degree in State Law
- Fundação Instituto de Administração, M.B.A. in Insurance and Private Pensions Business Management
- Master’s degree in State Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo
- M.B.A. in Insurance and Private Pensions Business Management, Fundação Instituto de Administração
- Recognized as Next Generation Partner in Insurance Practice in Brazil by The Legal 500: 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Mentioned by Legal 500 - Latin America in Insurance Practice: 2021-2024
- Recognized by “Análise Advocacia 500” as one of the most admired lawyers in Brazil in: Insurance, Civil, and Financial Operations: 2018- 2022
- Recognized by “Análise Advocacia Mulher” one of the most admired women lawyers in Brazil: 2021-2023
- Mentioned by Leaders League - Dispute Resolution: Insurance & Reinsurance: 2022, 2023
- Recommended by Chambers Brazil in Insurance Practice in Brazil: 2023
• Legal officer and leader of the LGBTI+ team of IDIS, the Institute for Diversity and Inclusion in the Brazilian Insurance Sector.
Jaqueline frequently publishes articles and book chapters relevant to the insurance, reinsurance, pensions and healthcare market, such as:
- Private healthcare plans and coverage challenges: the limits between what is possible and what is desirable (“Os planos de saúde e os desafios das coberturas: o limite entre o possível e o desejável”). In: Planos de saúde e os impactos do Rol da ANS: Regulação, segurança e novas tecnologias. Porto Alegre: Livraria do Advogado, 2023, p. 83 - 94 (co-authored with COZER, Lorena).
- The formal constitutionality of insurance and reinsurance laws (“Da constitucionalidade formal das leis de seguro e resseguro.”) In: Aspectos jurídicos dos contratos de Seguro. a. VII. Porto Alegre: Livraria do Advogado, 2022, p. 203-220.
- (“Nova Lei de Licitações: um novo seguro garantia?”). LexLatin, Londres, 05 abr. 2021 (co-authored with HILL, Marcella; JARDIM, Mariana C.).
- Private healthcare plans and Constitutional Biolaw: biotechnological procedures and private healthcare plans. (“Planos de saúde e o Biodireito Constitucional: procedimentos biotecnológicos e planos privados de assistência médica”). Revista Brasileira de Direito Constitucional e Internacional, publicação oficial do Instituto Brasileiro Constitucional, nº 85, out./dez. 2013, São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2013
- Book Author, Private healthcare plans from a Constitutional standpoint (“Os Planos de Saúde sob a Ótica Constitucional”) published by Editora Appris
- GRUPO LIBERTY sponsors the seventh edition of Dive In, a global festival about diversity and inclusion in insurance sector, Segs.com.br, 2021
- Campos Mello Advogados participates in panels at the International Festival of Diversity and Inclusion (Dive In) in the insurance sector, Revista Cobertura, 2021
- A modernização do mercado de seguros, Valor Globo, 2021
- Campos Mello Advogados promotes webinar on the Brazil's New Bidding Law, CQCS, 2021
- Brazil's New Bidding Law: a new guarantee insurance?, Lexlatin, 2021
- Dive In: The largest diversity and inclusion festival in the insurance and reinsurance market in the world is open for registration, Sonho Seguro, 2022
- Advised a major reinsurance company on claims in Brazil related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Advising an insurance company the reinstatement of its license as occasional reinsurer in Brazil
- Advised a reinsurance company in the review and evaluation of internal controls proceedings regarding anti-money laundering and prevention of terrorism
- Assisted a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services in the review and evaluation of internal controls proceedings regarding anti-money laundering and the prevention of terrorism
- Advised a Brazilian soda company on insurance-related matters in preparation for its IPO on the Brazilian stock exchange
- Advising one of the world’s largest insurance companies on the outstanding premium payments of a Brazilian mining company
- Assisted one of the world’s largest insurance companies on issuing local insurance policies with retroactive coverages in global insurance programs
Jaqueline is an invited speaker in several seminars and classes of the insurance, pensions and healthcare sectors, including in universities.
Memberships And Affiliations
- From 2018 to 2021, Jaqueline served as the Vice-President of the International Insurance Law Association (AIDA) Private Pensions National Group.
- Brazilian Constitutional Law Institute (IBDC)
- Brazilian Institute of Private Pensions and Supplementary Healthcare (IPCOM).
My latest insights
Insurance in Brazil Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper
18 July 2023 .3 minute read
Campos Mello Advogados advises Starboard in joint acquisition of Pampa Sul power plant in...
27 September 2022 .3 minute read