Braden Penhoet focuses his practice in the area of corporate law, with emphases on finance for emerging technologies, research and development, intellectual property licensing, and cross-border transactions. He previously served as Executive Director for Innovation in the office of research at a tier 1 public university, supporting technology incubation and business acceleration across computer and data science, physical and life sciences, and social ventures.
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles School of Law
- M.B.A., University of California at Berkeley
- B.A., Stanford University
- Co-Author, “ESG: the rise of private ordering and the role of the NCGC Committee,” DLA Piper's handbook, March 26, 2020
- Co-Author, "Socially Responsible Licensing, Euclidean Innovation, and the Valley of Death," volume 5 Stanford Journal of Law, Science & Policy 1, 2011
- Author, "Financing Structures and Transactions," in THE LAW OF CLEAN ENERGY : EFFICIENCY AND RENEWABLES (Chapter 10), Chicago : American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, 2011