Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz LL.M.Partner
Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz focuses his practice on M&A and ECM transactions. His clients include public and private companies, private equity funds, underwriters and various institutional clients from a variety of industries. Jakub has represented foreign and domestic clients in some of Poland's largest and most prestigious M&A and IPOs, advised the Polish Ministry of the State Treasury and has been numerously recognized by international legal rankings (Chambers Global, Legal 500 and IFLR1000) as one of the leading lawyers in Poland for M&A, Private Equity and ECM.
- Advising shareholders of Multimedia Polska (the third largest nationwide cable TV operator) on sale of 100% of shares to Vectra.
- Advising founders of PGS Sofware in connection with sale of majority stake to Xebia Consultancy Services (an entity controlled by Waterland Private Equity Investments).
- Advising Allegro.pl (one of Europe's largest trading platforms) on number of add-on acquisitions including the acquisitions of a eBilet Polska, Opennet, FinAi or X-press Couriers.
- Advising shareholders of DROMA Sunshade-Experts in connection with sale of 74% stake to Hunter Douglas Europe.
- Advising GS E&C on EUR 140 million acquisition of 100% shares in Danwood Holding from Enterprise Investors.
- Advising investment banks (Biuro Maklerskie PKO BP, mBank and WOOD & Co.) on the PLN 363 million IPO of Shoper.
- Advising Photon Energy Group, a global solar energy solutions and services company, in connection with the admission to trading of all its shares on the main markets of Warsaw Stock Exchange (GPW) and Prague Stock Exchange.
- Advising Dadelo, an e-commerce bicycle shop (from Oponeo group), on the PLN 82 million initial public offering of its shares and their admission to trading on the main market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Advising Polnord, Polish leading residential developer, on its PLN 137,5 million public offering.
- Advising RAFAKO on its PLN 182 million secondary public offering of shares and the admission of the shares to trading on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- New York University School of Law LL.M. in Corporation Law; Degree: Master of Laws, 2012
- Duke University Law School, Geneva, Switzerland, Summer School, 2007
- University of Warsaw; Degree: Master of Laws, 2006
London School of Economics and Political Science, 2004-2005
- Recognised as Next Generation Partner in Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets – The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Ranked in Band 4 in Capital Markets: Equity – Chambers Europe 2022
- Recognised as Up and Coming in Private Equity – Chambers Europe 2022
- Ranked #2 in Poland in Mergermarket’s individual league table for M&A by deal count in 2022
- Listed among Top 10 M&A Lawyers in CEE in 2020 by MergerLinks
- Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz is skilled in handling a variety of ECM matters, including IPOs. As well as acting for financing institutions, he also services corporate clients in the manufacturing, telecoms and e-commerce sectors. "He is very business-minded. He's not only focused on the client in terms of business but also looks at their needs," a client says – Chambers Europe, Capital Markets: Equity 2022
- "Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz is sharp, balanced and an excellent M&A/PE lawyer. I was impressed by his negotiation skills and commitment." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A 2022
- "Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz led the team on both transactions we had opportunity to work with. He is a leading M&A lawyer with strong focus on public deals. He is highly professional and very strong in the negotiation room." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A 2022
- "We were provided with top-notch service and a highly professional team. Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz and his team were recommended to us by one of the M&A advisors as one of the leading transactional teams on the market." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Private Equity 2022
- "Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz – corporate partner who led our legal team. He is sharp, balanced and an excellent M&A/PE lawyer. I was impressed by his negotiation skills and commitment." – The Legal 500 EMEA, Private Equity 2022
- “I had the opportunity to work on a number of M&A and ECM transactions with Jakub. He is a very business-oriented lawyer who brings plenty of transactional experience to the table. He differentiates with great negotiation skills and hands-on approach” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A 2021
- “Jakub is a very strong M&A lawyer. He has very a good sense of client needs” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Commercial, Corporate and M&A 2021
- “Jakub is a highly experienced and efficient negotiator. He is easy-going and able to deal with any negotiation clashes” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Capital Markets 2021
- Jakub joined the ranking this year following positive feedback on his visibility on private equity transactions. A client has highlighted his assertiveness and business acumen – Chambers Europe, Private Equity 2021
- A client describes his energy and engagement, saying: "He has his sleeves rolled up," adding that "he's looking for solutions, not listing problems" – Chambers Europe & Chambers Global, Capital Markets: Equity 2020
- “Jakub enters the rankings following strong market feedback. He advises on ECM and public M&A matters entailing buy-back programmes, auction sales, IPOs and share capital increases. A client describes his energy and engagement, saying: "He has his sleeves rolled up," adding that "he's looking for solutions, not listing problems" – Chambers Europe & Chambers Global, Capital Markets: Equity 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- Warsaw Bar Association, Attorney-at-law, 2012
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Polenergia on its EUR169 million public share offering
25 October 2023 .1 minute read