Elisabeth Stichmann advises domestic and international clients across the whole range of corporate law including regulatory advice for the market entry to Austria.
She focuses on M&A, corporate commercial, strategic advice of shareholders in listed and private companies, global corporate restructuring of company groups including post-M&A integration and pre-acquisition structuring, as well as on setting up, structuring and operating private foundations.
Acting as DLA Piper’s Life Sciences country lead for Austria she has in-depth knowledge of the life sciences sector. Further, she also has experience in the sports and retail sectors and regularly advises clients on industry-specific legal matters.
Due to her global orientation, her membership to the international corporate reorganizations core team and her strong link to the US, she is regularly coordinating cross-border teams on the implementation of various transactions irrespective of whether there is an angle to Austria. Another core aspect of her advisory work includes supporting corporations on aspects of corporate management and compliance.
Furthermore, Elisabeth regularly advises the representative organs of private foundations on operational questions and professional liability aspects and represents such clients in court. She also held positions in the management boards of several Austrian private foundations.
Elisabeth heads the Austrian Corporate Practice Group of DLA Piper.
- Advising on the Austrian part of our firm’s global deal advising a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve productivity, on its USD 6.5 billion acquisition of a leading process-chemicals technology company backed by a buyout firm.
- Advising a US-based, Fortune 500 transnational science and technology innovator on the acquisition of a minority investment in and becoming a strategic partner of an Austrian developer of mechatronic systems for the biopharmaceutical industry. Our advice included the integration of the minority stake to its global leader in high-tech filtration, separation and purification division.
- Advising a German PE software investor in connection with its investment and participation in a leading Austrian software and IT services provider on Austrian and Luxembourg related legal topics.
- Advising a US headquartered industrial products & engineered solutions portfolio management company, in connection with the acquisition of their 50% ownership stake in an Austrian company., a world leader in magnesium products, a 50/50 joint venture established by the company and a third party global leader in refractories.
- Advising a US-based global leading insurance broking and risk management company on the simplification of the group's corporate structure, including coordination of the implementation in Austria, France, Bahrein and UAE.
- Advising high net worth individuals in the acquisition process of a unique real estate property in the form of a share deal involving four different jurisdictions and structuring requirements.
- Advising a global leader in engineered metal products, on the Austrian part of the multi-jurisdictional group reorganization and separation into two separate NYSE-listed companies, and their respective groups.
- Advising US pharma giant in the course of the spin-off of its generic drugs unit
- Advising a European roofing and building materials company on the reorganization of the Austrian manufacturing and distribution entities whereas the deal for Austria was structured as a double-upstream merger.
- Advising a French industrial group for air handling, heating and ventilation, on the Austrian part of the acquisition of the air handling business from a leading European supplier of insulation and specialist construction products. The acquisition was financed 100% by debt and mezzanine instruments, with a possibility of a back-to-back MBO on part of the acquired business.
- Advising US-based portfolio company on the Austrian part of the acquisition of a German financial performance management software provider.
- Advising a US-based divers technology company, on a global restructuring with the aim to split the group up into two independent, stock listed companies.
- Advising the US based and listed world market leader for animal health products on the acquisition of an Austrian agricultural start-up tech company.
- Advising the world's largest pharmaceutical corporation, on the Austrian part of the global spin-off of their Animal Health Business, including all regulatory aspects of the corporate restructuring.
- University of Vienna, Mag. iur., 2003
- University of Essex (foreign term), 2002
- “Elisabeth Stichmann was my contact person. We particularly appreciated Elisabeth’s very high level of expertise in the field of M&A. In addition, Elisabeth has very good stakeholder management and negotiation skills in addition to her legal knowledge.” Legal 500, 2023
- Clients admire Elisabeth Stichmann's "in-depth expertise in detailed questions of regulatory requirements, her very structured way of working, deep understanding of project management, excellent network and extremely reliable and trusting cooperation." Healthcare and Life Sciences, Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Clients appreciate Elisabeth Stichmann 'for her ability to think outside the box. Her attention to detail has proven valuable in various situations.' She is particularly active on cross-border M&A transactions including corporate restructurings and joint ventures." Chambers Global, 2022
- Elisabeth was ranked in Healthcare and Life Sciences, Chambers Europe 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Elisabeth was ranked "Next Generation Partner" for Commercial, Corporate and M&A. Legal 500 EMEA, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Elisabeth was listed among the leading lawyers in Austria. JUVE, 2021
- "Elisabeth Stichmann: very diligent, excellent sense of identifying risks." Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "Very good experience with different people key contact: Elisabeth Stichmann, Vienna, outstanding performance." Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "Elisabeth Stichmann is tremendously responsive, creative, and intelligent. She is willing to step in and help at a moment’s notice." Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "The Austrian team has a very strong understanding of the ways of American business, and does an excellent job bridging local considerations against the global perspectives." Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
"She is always responsive, highly dedicated, strong and she understands our business." Chambers Global, 2021
"She is highly responsive, accessible and provides solution-oriented advice based on a structured approach and thorough understanding of complex situations." Chambers Global, 2020
"Elisabeth Stichmann and her team deliver high quality advice always in due time. Information is always brought to the point, no unnecessary fuzz around it." Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- Europe: Foreign direct investments and intragroup transactions, 06 December 2022
- Corporate Reorganisations in Austria, 30 March 2022
- Q&A: The legal framework for corporate reorganisations in Austria, Co-authors: Dimitar Hristov, Stephan Nitzl, Martina Peric, Lexology, 16 March 2022