Christina NickelSenior Associate
Christina Nickel advises on cross-border banking, finance and capital markets transactional matters. She also focuses on any regulatory matters within the banking, finance and capital markets sector as well as restructuring matters.
Christina regularly advises Luxembourg and foreign banks, professionals of the financial sector, securitisation undertakings, listed and non-listed companies undertakings on the issuance of and subscription to securities, the admission to listing, application for authorization with the CSSF, (cloud) outsourcing, AML, EMIR, etc.
She is further member of the debt capital markets and structured investments group of DLA Piper International.
- Advised an American group on the design, manufacturing, and marketing of industrial and consumer products sector on its entry into a US commercial paper program for USD11.5 billion.
- Advised an American group being the world's largest medical device company on its public offering of notes of up to EUR7 billion and the corresponding tender offerings as well as on its second public offering of notes of up to EUR5 billion and the corresponding tender offerings.
- Advised a German vehicule manufacturer on the update of its EUR 12 billion EMTN program.
- Advised Luxembourg securitisation vehicles on a multi-issuer programme of USD500 million with notes listed on the Official List of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and admitted to trading on the Euro MTF market.
- Advised a Luxembourg energy provider on its issuance of bond certificates and entry into several Schuldschein loans for EUR250 million.
- Advised a German Bank on the financing of a project on the construction of the Grimsas wind farm in Sweden in for EUR32.25 million.
- Advised a Luxembourg company on its issuance of CHESS Depository Interests for AUD11 million in connection with its launch of Low Earth Orbit Satellites.
- Advised a Portuguese group on its acquisition of a Luxembourg regulated entity in the IT sector as well as related regulatory and finance assistance.
- Advised an Indian group in the IT sector and English group in the communications sector on the set-up of its support professional of the financial sector (PFS) in Luxembourg.
- Advised an American global debt buyer on its listing of bonds on the Luxembourg Securities Official List and related bonds issuances.
- Advised several regulated Luxembourg entities and their parent undertakings on the compliance requirements with respect to (cloud) outsourcing and AML under Luxembourg law and regulations.
- Luxembourg Bar School (Cours complémentaires), 2020
- University of Trier (Germany), First State Exam in Law, 2015
Christina has written publications on:
- Amendment of Luxembourg Securitisation Law, 2022
- Important publication of new CSSF circular on outsourcing arrangements, 26 April 2022
- "Outsourcing arrangements: Revised EBA guidelines and legal requirements in Luxembourg, France and Germany", PIN Code by Legitech, May 2021
- "Artificial Intelligence in the Luxembourg Financial Sector", Agefi Luxembourg, March 2021
- "The capital markets recovery package", Laurent Massinon and Christina Nickel, 13 October 2020
- "Initial coin offerings in Luxembourg - General Overview and legal aspects", Laurent Massinon and Christina Nickel, 03/2019, Le Guide du Numérique et ses déclinaisons sectorielles, DLA Piper
- "Cloud computing and IT outsourcing relying on a cloud computing infrastructure in Luxembourg - general overview and legal aspects", Laurent Massinon and Christina Nickel, 03/2018, Revue Luxembourgeoise de Bancassurfinance
- "The revised Transparency Regime: Europe's next step towards more sustainable markets", Laurent Massinon and Christina Nickel, 09/2016, Revue Luxembourgeoise de Bancassurfinance
- 2020 to date: Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Luxembourg
- 2017-20: Legal Advisor, DLA Piper, Luxembourg
- 2015-17: Jurist, International Law Firm, Luxembourg
- 2012-14: Student trainee
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the working group “Cloud Computing” (ABBL)
- Member of the working group “Outsourcing Regulation” (ABBL)