Leigh Abrams WatermanOf Counsel
Leigh Abrams Waterman concentrates her practice in the area of transactional real estate law.
Leigh represents institutional investors, public and private real estate companies, REITs and developers in all aspects of the acquisition, disposition, financing, development and leasing of various property types, including office, retail, multifamily residential, hospitality, healthcare and other property classes located throughout the United States.
Leigh has represented:
- A real estate investment fund in the formation of joint ventures for the acquisition, development and financing of various retail, industrial and office properties located throughout the country
- A real estate investment fund in connection with acquisition and financing of various multifamily properties located throughout the country
- A joint venture between a real estate investment fund and a sponsor in the US$149 million acquisition and financing of a 23 property grocery store portfolio
- A joint venture between a real estate investment fund and a sponsor in the US$266 million acquisition (through REIT shares) of four multifamily properties located in suburban Chicago
- A real estate investment fund in the acquisition (including through REIT shares) and financing of a 12 property portfolio of office property located in Minneapolis, MN
- A sponsor in the US$424.4 million sale and recapitalization of 11 industrial an office properties located across Connecticut and Massachusetts
- A joint venture between a real estate investment fund and a sponsor in connection with a US$124.8 million acquisition of multifamily properties in Ann Arbor, MI, and assumption of three tiers of financing
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.A., Columbia University