Amie AldanaOf Counsel
Amie Aldana works in close partnership with multinational employers to navigate day-to-day international employment issues and to assist them with successful implementation of complex multijurisdictional workforce initiatives.
Amie's practice is largely dedicated to providing employers with practical solutions to meet their international workforce needs, including advising employers on all aspects of international employment, from engagement to the cessation of employment and everything in between. This includes assessing the appropriate engagement options where starting to hire in a new jurisdiction or exploring a contingent workforce solution, reviewing and localizing employment agreements, policies, handbooks, incentive and bonus plan, and advising on collective and individual employee separations.
Amie's also advises on the international employment aspects of cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and post-transaction workforce integration. Her experience includes cross-border coordination spanning multiple jurisdictions, reviewing deal agreements and advising on workforce integration issues such as employee transfers, and consultation requirements with works councils and other employee representative bodies.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., International Relations, Pomona College
Amie is committed to pro bono and dedicates her efforts to immigration matters, including representing clients in their applications for asylum, U Visas, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and adjustment of status. In addition, she is a member of Public Counsel's Leadership Counsel and helps lead a homeless prevention initiative between Public Counsel and DLA Piper.
- "Employee Privacy in 2022: Managing New Business Models in an Evolving World," Practising Law Institute, May 9, 2022 (San Francisco)
- "California Employment Law Briefing," January 30, 2020 (Los Angeles), February 14, 2020 (San Diego)
- "California Employment Law Briefing," January 15, 2019 (San Francisco), January 17, 2019 (Silicon Valley) and January 31, 2019 (Los Angeles)