Zach Altman AltmanAssociate
Zach Altman focuses his practice on securities regulation and corporate law, with an emphasis on real estate capital markets.
Zach has experience in public company securities issues, including periodic reporting, stock exchange and market regulations, public financings, including offerings of both equity and debt securities, proxy statements and other required reports and disclosures. With respect to private companies, he has experience in securities issues relating to private equity fund formation, including those established as real estate investment trusts (REITs), and other private placements.
In his corporate practice, Zach represents REITs, other real estate owners and financial institutions in joint venture transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He also counsels entrepreneurial clients on legal and business issues, including compliance and corporate organization and governance matters.
In his pro bono practice, Zach advises not-for-profit organizations on corporate governance matters as well as not-for-profit organization mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented a public REIT in connection with amendments of its US$1.4 billion revolving credit facility and term loan
- Represented public REITs in connection with the offering of an aggregate of over US$2 billion of senior notes
- Represented a public REIT in connection with a US$650 million mortgage loan
- Represented a public REIT in a merger acquisition valued at US$2.4 billion
- Represented a public REIT in connection with the restructuring of its business arrangements with respect to its senior living communities
- Represented a public REIT in its US$480 million initial public offering of common stock
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- M.P.A., Clark University
- B.A., Clark University