Lieven Annaert is a litigation and regulatory lawyer, with over 20 years experience advising and representing multinationals and SMEs in many industries on strategy and compliance.
Lieven focuses on environmental, health and safety law, insurance law and criminal law. As an experienced litigator, he handles high-profile litigation cases before the civil, commercial, criminal and administrative courts.
He is particularly experienced in regulatory and compliance issues, including product compliance, market practices and liability issues in sectors such as food, retail and construction.
Lieven helps clients anticipate and mitigate risks and supports them in contacts with the Belgian competent authorities.He is entitled to appear before the Court of Cassation, residing in criminal matters.
Lieven is a visiting lecturer in public law at the HoGent (Ghent).
- Advised a household name in the online retail sector on product requirements under Belgian regulations.
- Advised a multinational on compliance and regulatory issues with respect to machinery.
- Assisted SodaStream on its products’ labeling and packaging requirements to ensure compliance with EU regulations and Belgian national legislation and claims handling.
- Advises an American-based manufacturer of food supplements on the requirements of the marketing of its products in Belgium.
- Represents a global insurance insurance company in complex, high-profile litigation matters regarding the liability of directors and officers.
- Advised and represented a household name in the retail sector in litigation matters regarding waste and soil contamination.
Lieven is a guest professor in public law at the HoGent (Ghent).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Brussels Bar
My latest insights
Your opinion matters: Public consultation on the revision of the EU pharmaceutical...
18 October 2021 .3 minute read