Roberta ArakakiSenior Associate
Roberta Arakaki has worked in the power sector since 2012, providing legal services for several relevant players in the Brazilian market – from power generation, transmission and distribution companies to energy traders and energy-intensive consumers.
Her experience in regulatory consultancy includes drafting of power purchase agreements, legal opinions, and contributions for sectorial public hearings, as well as advising in the structuring, development, financing, construction, and implementation of both centralized and distributed generation projects, involving renewables (such as hydro, solar, wind and biogas sources).
Roberta has also worked with administrative and judicial litigation related to sectorial fines and to key structural issues of the power sector, such as cross-subsidization through sectorial charges and disputes regarding Generation Scaling Factor (GSF).
- B.A., Law, University of São Paulo 2014
- B.A., Business Administration, School of Economics, Business and Accounting, University of São Paulo 2021
- Speaker, "Energy InSight" A Campos Mello's Advogados web series
- Speaker, "ONU Habitat, Brazil's Urban Circuit, Panel: Renewables, Mitigating Climate Change," web series
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo, Brazil