Jake AbrahamsManaging Attorney
Jake Abrahams focuses his practice in the area of intellectual property and other commercial contracts, particularly in the technology field.
He is experienced in developing strategies to protect, license and exploit clients’ intellectual property assets. His practice includes structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial and intellectual property agreements, such as:
- License agreements for patents, software, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and data assets
- Agreements for product distribution, including OEM, distribution, sales representative and reseller agreements
- Manufacturing and purchase and supply agreements
- Third-party development and/or consulting agreements, logistics agreements, and other services agreements
Jake also advises clients on intellectual property and technology issues related to mergers, acquisitions (on both the buy- and sell-side), and reorganizations, conducting due diligence in connection with such transactions and negotiating and drafting the necessary agreements.
He advises business ranging in size from start-ups to publicly traded companies.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law 2010
Associate Editor, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, & Energy Law
- B.A., Philosophy, Rice University 2007