Skyler A. AndersonPartner
Experienced in both public and private business matters
Skyler Anderson focuses his law practice on commercial real estate. His clients include private equity funds, publicly-traded REITs, investment banks, corporations, and private placement vehicles. He is particularly experienced in finance, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures.
Areas of FocusReal EstateCorporate
Recent examples of Skyler’s clients and representations include:
- A real estate private equity fund in a US$120 million complex joint venture structuring and financing of class-A medical office campus in San Jose
- A Los Angeles based privately-held real estate investment and development company in construction financing (US $275million) of development of mixed-use office and retail center in downtown Los Angeles
- A real estate investor and developer in mortgage and mezzanine loans with future funding components (US$92 million in the aggregate) for the re-financing and re-development of a mixed-use office and retail project in Portland
- A food manufacturer in the sale and leaseback of its environmentally impaired corporate headquarters located in Oakland
- A private equity sponsor in the acquisition and financing of a battery infrastructure project in Southern California
- A major national retailer in financing, dispositions and portfolio management of over 1,000 retail sites nationwide
- A real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of a portfolio of class A life science buildings in San Diego (US$150 million)
- A privately-owned buyer/borrower in the acquisition and financing of 19 student housing projects (aggregate of US$500+ million) in 9 states.
- A publicly-traded REIT in a single asset, US$540 million (in the aggregate) CMBS mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by leading retail center in Brooklyn
- A private real estate developer in construction mortgage and mezzanine loans (US$288 million in the aggregate) for the development of a mixed-use condominium, office and marina project in Boston
- A Wall Street investment banking firm in connection with the acquisition, Delaware Statutory Trust ownership structure and financing of a national portfolio of retail single-tenant leased properties
- J.D., Loyola Law School Los Angeles
- M.B.A., Loyola Marymount University
- B.A., Business Management, University of Miami
Skyler has represented Shelter to Soldier, Inc., Bark Avenue Foundation, Turlock Area Supported Living Services, Best Brazilian Wax, Inc., and other entities in connection with pro bono matters.
- Co-Author, "How COVID-19 Will Transform Real Estate Loan Docs: Part 2," Law360, June 16, 2020
- Co-Author, "How COVID-19 Will Transform Real Estate Loan Docs: Part 1," Law360, June 15, 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, California Lawyer’s Association, Co-Chair of the Real Estate Finance Subsection
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, NAIOP, Young Leaders Group
- Member, Urban Land Institute
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Harrison Street on US$1.6 billion medical office and senior housing...
16 June 2021 .5 minute read
DLA Piper advises Stack Infrastructure in its issuance of US$400 million of securitized...
19 March 2021 .4 minute read