Neil P. BalmertPartner
Neil Balmert concentrates his practice on the representation of private and public companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, tax-free reorganizations, spin-outs, public offerings, financings and related matters. He also provides general tax and business counsel to limited liability companies, partnerships, S corporations and start-ups.
- Represented public companies in various domestic and cross-border transactions, including the recent $1.4 billion acquisition of a world-class CPU and technology company.
- Represented target public company in public/public all stock tax-free reorganization.
- Represented public company in its acquisition of a leader in long-term post-acute care software, for $750 million.
- Represented private target in its acquisition by public company in a tax-free reorganization valued at $500 million.
- Represented public target in a tender offer valued at $1.8 billion.
- Represented private target in its $550 million sale to public company.
- Represented private target in its $300 million acquisition by public company.
- Represented a leading provider of supply chain optimization software solutions in its acquisition by private equity firm.
- Represented a developer of cancer-focused immunotherapy solutions in its $125 million acquisition by public company.
- Represented a construction and engineering software solutions provider in its acquisition by public company.
- Represented limited partners on rollover of their equity in connection with the sale of major league baseball franchise.
- Represented owner and operator of publicly-held restaurant chain in its $1.1 billion going private transaction.
- Represented a life sciences research tools company in its $315 million acquisition by public company.
- J.D., University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law
- B.B.A., University of Notre Dame
Neil has been selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer and recommended by Legal 500 US for his "broad business tax practice."
He has received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest possible rating for both legal liability and ethical standards and was selected by San Diego Magazine for its list of "Top Lawyers in San Diego."
- "Coronavirus-Disrupted Drug Firm's $12M Ch. 11 Loan Gets OK," Law360, March 12, 2020
Civic and Charitable
- General Counsel, San Diego Sports Association