Carissa L. BouwerAssociate
Carissa Bouwer assists clients in developing strategies to protect and enforce their global intellectual property rights. Carissa takes a business-focused approach to clearing, prosecuting, licensing and protecting trademarks by keeping the client’s short and long-term goals in mind at all stages of the trademark lifecycle.
Carissa regularly works with clients on marketing related issues including structuring and registering prize promotions and commercial co-venturer promotions. She also advises clients on issues related to gift card laws, loyalty programs, advertising, social media, and influencer programs.
Carissa is passionate about pro bono work and currently serves on the firm’s Northern California Pro Bono Committee. On weekends she can be found coaching her son’s robotics team.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law J.D., with great distinction
- George Washington University B.A., cum laude, International Affairs
- Author, "Bad reviews got you down? New restrictions under the consumer Review Fairness act of 2016," Remarks Blog, March 16, 2017
- Co-Author, "California's Attorney General takes aim at mobile apps for non-compliance with privacy laws" Remarks Blog, December 13, 2012
- Adjunct Professor at UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Memberships And Affiliations
- Committee Member, INTA Non-Traditional Marks Committee
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VVIP Ventures in its acquisition of the National Enquirer, National...
8 February 2023 .2 minute read