Ilya represents private equity funds and other financial investors in transactional matters across all stages of the investment lifecycle, including leveraged buyouts, co-investments and other minority investments. He focuses his practice on regularly representing a number of private equity and other alternative investment funds in all aspects of their investment activities, including Atlas Holdings, Bregal Partners, Stellex Capital Management, The Carlyle Group, True Green Capital Management and The Wicks Group of Companies, among others.
He also represents public and private companies, including portfolio companies of financial sponsors and SPACs, in a range of complex business transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other business combination and recapitalization transactions. He regularly represents clients across a variety of industries, including TMT, business services, consumer goods and services, industrials and manufacturing, energy and infrastructure, food, agriculture, education, healthcare and life sciences.
Ilya also represents sponsors, secondaries firms and investors in connection with GP-led secondary transactions such as multi and single asset continuation funds and other complex secondary transactions.
Private Equity Experience
- Represented True Green Capital Management in its acquisition of CleanChoice Energy
- Represented Atlas Holdings in its leveraged acquisition of Foster Farms
- Represented Bregal Partners in its leveraged acquisition of Juniper Landscaping
- Represented Stellex Capital Management in its leveraged acquisitions of Peltram Plumbing Holdings, G2 Web Services, Lundquist Consulting and Fintellix India and its investment in PLH Group
- Represented The Carlyle Group and its portfolio company iC Consult Group in its acquisitions of ICSynergy, SecureITSource and Kapstone Technologies
- Represented Oaktree Capital Management, Assured Investment Management and Stellex Capital Management in the sale of PLH Group to Primoris Services Corporation
- Represented The Wicks Group of Companies in connection with numerous (x) platform acquisitions, including its leveraged buyout of Gladson from Lake Pacific Partners, (y) add-on acquisitions by its portfolio companies, including for (1) Invo Healthcare, its acquisitions of Autism Home Support Services, Xcite Steps, Positive Behavioral Connections, ABA2Day, Engage Behavioral Health and School Steps, (2) Syndigo (f/k/a Gladson), its acquisitions of Nutritionix, WebCollage, ItemMaster, Edgenet and Shotfarm, (3) Sontiq, Inc., its acquisition of CyberScout and Breach Clarity and (z) exit tranasctions, including the (1) sale of Gladson to The Jordan Company, (2) Invo Healthcare to Golden Gate Capital and (3) Sontiq, Inc. to TransUnion
- Represented Global Risk Capital in its acquisition of Cleaver-Brooks
Other M&A Experience
- Represented Starling Physicians in its sale to VillageMD
- Represented Brookline Capital Acquisition Corporation in its business combination transaction with Apexigen
- Represented InfoDesk in its sale to Cuadrilla Capital
- Represented Aonic in certain acquisitions in the video gaming industry
- Represented Columbus McKinnon Corporation in its leveraged acquisition of Dorner from EQT Mid Market US
- Represented Kaleyra in its acquisition of mGage from Vivial
- Represented Landmark in its sale of a minority interest to Rosemont Investment Group
- Represented Outfitter Energy Capital in a GP-led secondary transaction comprising the formation of Outfitter Energy Partners, L.P. and the acquisition of a portfolio of upstream oil and gas companies from affiliated Outfitter managed funds
- Represented Hamilton Lane in connection with numerous GP-led secondary transactions
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- LL.M., European Union Law, University of Paris II Assas
- B.A., Tufts University
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Landmark Management on sale of minority interest to Rosemont Investment...
29 June 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Brookline Capital Acquisition Corp. in the closing of its business...
1 August 2022 .3 minute read