Mark is a tax lawyer, with over 25 years' experience advising both UK and multinational clients in relation to UK and international tax.
Mark has particular expertise in the areas of real estate and corporate tax where he is highly valued by clients for his clear and practical guidance.
- Advising on the £1.73bn acquisition of a UK oil refinery including in relation to equity and employee incentive matters
- Advising the shareholders of a UK plc in relation to tax and equity incentive issues arising from a corporate sale valued at £830m
- Advising a non-UK investor on the real estate tax issues arising from its £5.8bn acquisition of an electricity distribution assets
- Acting for the UK buyers of a £700M German real estate portfolio
- Acting for a non-UK investor in the £200M acquisition of a real estate portfolio via an acquisition of two limited partnerships
- Advising on the £135M refinancing of a university property owning company
- University of Birmingham, LLB (Hons)
- The College of Law, Guildford, LPC
1997 to 2000, Associate, DLA Piper
1991 to 1997, Solicitor, Leeds based international law firm