Bryan C. ConnollyPartner
Managing Partner, Boston Office
Bryan Connolly concentrates his practice on real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, finance, joint ventures, land use and zoning.
Bryan has represented owners and developers throughout the entire development life cycle, from due diligence, acquisition and permitting through joint venture financing and construction loan financing, to disposition and recapitalization events. He has experience negotiating development agreements and land disposition agreements with private parties and public entities.
He has represented developers of downtown towers, urban and suburban and residential projects and a wide range of mixed-use developments. Recent projects include: the South Station Air Rights Project, the 678-foot mixed use tower and bus terminal expansion being developed in the air rights over Boston's South Station; L Street Station, the ongoing 1.7 million square foot redevelopment of the former Boston Edison plant in South Boston; Echelon Seaport, the 733-unit mixed-used development built in three towers located over 125,000 square feet of retail space currently under construction in Boston's Seaport District; Meriel Marina Bay, the 352-unit mixed-use waterfront development on Boston Harbor; the 234-unit Beach House development on Revere Beach.
Bryan's transactional practice includes multi-jurisdictional real estate portfolio financings, acquisitions and dispositions. Bryan's clients range from multi-national companies conducting cross-border transactions, pension fund advisors, real estate investment funds, and real estate developers. He has recently counselled clients on acquisitions, dispositions, financings and partnerships on transactions ranging in value from US$10 million to US$500 million, in a number of US markets including Boston, New York, San Francisco, Southern California, Southern Florida, Atlanta, Illinois, Texas, and Colorado.
- J.D., Boston College Law School 2003
Senior Editor, Boston College Law Review
- B.A., University of Notre Dame 1996
- Chambers USA
- Band 4, Massachusetts Real Estate (2021-2022)
- Recognized Practitioner, Massachusetts Real Estate (2017)
- Up and Coming, Massachusetts Real Estate (2015-2016)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Next Generation Partner, Real Estate (2022)
- Named Commercial Real Estate Attorney of the Year, Boston Real Estate Times (2021)
- Named as a "Go-To Commercial Real Estate Lawyer," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2021)
- Named in 45 Under 40, Real Estate Forum (2013)
- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star (2009-2012); Top Rated (Current)
- Honored with the Extra Mile Community Award by Quincy Community Action Programs, Inc.
Bryan formerly served as a city councilor in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board of Directors of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors of The Spirit of Adventure Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Milton Zoning Board of Appeals
- Past Chair of the Government Affairs Committee of NAIOP Massachusetts