Emma partners with global companies to deliver efficient and timely practical solutions to complex employment problems that arise when managing a global workforce.
Emma is a dual-qualified Australian and US lawyer and draws from her international experience to provide pragmatic, but legally sound advice on global employment issues. Emma assists global employers to navigate employment issues, from expansion such as hiring options, employer of record and PEO considerations, post-acquisition integration, to day-to-day personnel management such as wage and hour compliance, global mobility and secondments, and through to advising on the implications of downsizing and outsourcing projects.
Emma also has experience representing both employers and employees in a broad range of contentious employment issues in Australia, having practiced with DLA Piper Australia’s employment team in Sydney and Melbourne prior to relocating to New York.
- Advised global employers on global human resources initiatives, including refresh of global handbooks, leave policies, global mobility policies, overtime and on-call arrangements and work from home policies while seeking to balance compliance with local law requirements while maintaining overall global consistency;
- Assisted multinational corporations on global cost-cutting strategies, including salary reductions, incentive plan variations and reductions in force across more than 40 jurisdictions;
- Advised a global technology company on employment aspects of a post-acquisition integration covering over 16 jurisdictions; and
- Conducted a multijurisdictional review for a global tech company on its incentive structures, including advice on collective consultation obligations, local language requirements and contract variations.
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Laws, Honours, 2016
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of International Studies, Distinction, 2016
- Assisted an Afghani woman who was a former judge and her family to obtain lawful asylum status in the United States following evacuation from Kabul by the US military
- Advised a global environmental non-profit on different hiring options and employee policies requirements in APAC
- Advised a global LGBTIQ non-profit on engagement options and required employment documentation in Europe and APAC
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales, practicing member
- Australian Labour Law Association
- New York State Bar Association, practicing member