Leslie Edelstein focuses her practice in government contracts law. Leslie works with government contractors on a variety of issues including bid protests, suspension and debarment proceedings, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance counseling.
Leslie has successfully litigated bid protests at the Government Accountability Office and Court of Federal Claims in addition assisting contractors with procurement disputes with state agencies. Leslie also has experience supporting M&A transactions involving a portfolio of government contract including conducting due diligence reviews, assessing the strength of contractor’s compliance systems, and assisting with post-transaction integration activities. Leslie has assisted government contractors in creating compliance systems that align with federal requirements. Leslie also assists clients in negotiating commercial and government contracts.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Leslie interned at a variety of different government contracts forums assisting with bid protests, interpretation of regulations, and other contract disputes.
Leslie has provided support on the following representative matters
- Successfully defended a $73 million award from three separate protests
- Successfully protested a contract award and recovered costs for the contractor
- Negotiated over 20 NASPO state-level contracts to allow a contractor to do business in those states
- Represented a US government contractor in its acquisition of another US government contractor of comparable size
- Assisted a government contractor in creating a compliance system appropriate for the Company’s size and scope of business as a post-acquisition activity
- Lifted a contractor’s government-=wide suspension by negotiating with the relevant government agencies
During law school, Leslie served as president of The George Washington University Law School’s Government Contracts Student Association. In this role she liaised with members of the Public Contract Law Journal as well as numerous members of the government contracts community. Leslie worked with students and practitioners to plan programming on topics of interest. Leslie also co-chaired the first-year moot court competition after successfully advancing to the quarter finals herself.
Additionally, throughout law school Leslie held multiple internships to develop her government contracts experience including as a law clerk with DLA Piper. Leslie also interned with the Department of Homeland’s acquisition and procurement group, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, a construction law firm, and the U.S. Court of International Trade. Leslie also worked for the Public Contracting Institute, assisting presenters in creating materials and providing webinars on common Federal Acquisition Regulation clauses and supply chain issues.
- J.D., George Washington University
Concentration in Government Contracts
- B.A., Fordham University
summa cum laude
- New minimum wage requirements for federal contractors key takeaways (May 2021)