Britney Frates focuses her practice on complex corporate restructurings and reorganizations both in and out of court. Her clients include debtors, secured creditors, creditors’ committees, asset purchasers, landlords, and other parties in interest. Britney advises clients in both transactional and litigation matters, with an emphasis on bankruptcy proceedings under chapter 11 and chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code. Britney has represented a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries, including real estate, insurance, retail, architecture and engineering, and oil and gas.
Britney’s notable representations include:
- EYP Group Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates as debtors and debtors in possession in their chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 cases of Tilden Marcellus LLC in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania;
- Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc. in its chapter 15 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
J.D., Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University 2021
summa cum laude
Federal Judicial Honors Program
- B.A., Political Science, State University of New York at Albany 2017
- Shelby D. Green, Samuel R. Middleton & Britney L. Frates, Landlord-Tenant Revolution Redux: New York’s "Rad" Landlord-Tenant Law Revisions, 34 PROB. & PROP. 17 (2020)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Turnaround Management Association
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation