Rio Gonzalez focuses his practice on counseling multinational employers on the full spectrum of issues related to managing a global workforce. Rio provides compliance solutions to employers through all stages of the employment relationship, including initial hiring and onboarding, day-to-day workforce management and review of global workforce policies, and global reductions in force. Additionally, Rio assists international companies on labor and employment matters concerning cross-border mergers and acquisitions. This includes assistance with initial due dilligence through post-acquisition employee integration and restructuring.
Rio also has extensive experience defending employers before state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies in a wide range of domestic labor and employment disputes. Specifically, Rio has defended employers to conclusion in claims arising under Title VII, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, and the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Passionate about diversity and inclusion initiatives as well as supporting the professional development of students of color, Rio regularly serves as a mentor to various diversity-focused organizations as well as provides workforce trainings on workplace harassment, discrimination, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law 2017
- B.A., Marist College 2014
- South Florida Manufacturers Association, "Best Workplace Practices for COVID-19 & the Delta Variant: Vaccines, Masks, and Beyond," 20 August 2021
- National Business Institute, "Introduction to Employee Handbooks," 22 July 2021
- South Florida Manufacturers Association, "COVID-19 Legal Landscape and Reopening Guidelines," 17 September 2020
- South Florida Manufacturers Association, "Employer Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic," 27 March 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- LatinoJustice Líderes Young Professionals Board
- President, Boston University School of Law, South Florida Young Alumni Council
- Hispanic National Bar Association