Juan Gelabert ChascoPartner
Juan regularly advises domestic and international clients in financing, refinancing and restructuring transactions. In the last years he has participated in several transactions of project finance, acquisition finance, restructurings and structured finance, advising banks, debt funds and private equity funds, sponsors or issuers. He has also gained relevant experience on cross-border transactions.
Professional QualificationsAbogado registered with Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid
- Project finance
- Acquisition finance
- Restructuring and special situations
- Structured finance
- Cross-border transactions
- B.A. in Law, University of Cantabria, 2002
- Degree in European Law, University of Salamanca, 2001
- Chambers and Partners Europe and Global - Project Finance
- Best Lawyers – Banking and Finance
- Lecturer of several post-graduate programmes at Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE).
- Participant on seminars and courses at different institutions such as Instituto de Empresa (IE) and IFAES (Capital & Corporate).
- 2008 - Present DLA Piper Spain, S.L.U. – Finance & Projects
- 2005 - 2008 CITIGROUP, Corporate and Investment Bank - Madrid. Legal Counsel (Assistant Vice President)
- 2003-2005 ABN AMRO BANK, NV – London. Legal and trading departments (equity derivatives division)
Memberships And Affiliations
Member of the Madrid Bar Association (IIustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Pricoa on the granting of a financing to Real Betis Balompié
2 February 2023 .2 minute read
Considerations on the effects derived from the expiration of the second milestone of...
25 January 2023 .10 minute read