Co-head of the Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
Felipe Hermanny defends major Brazilian and international companies in complex commercial and civil litigation, product liability, insurance disputes, class actions and construction and contractual disputes. He represents clients in judicial disputes before regular courts and major arbitral institutions worldwide.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Represented a leading international hydropower company and major European generator of renewable energy in a class action valued at BRL8.2 billion
- Represented a global reinsurer in a class action filed by the Federal Prosecutor's Office regarding a major plane accident in Brazil. The plaintiff requested a US$300 million reimbursement on behalf of the deceased individuals' families and the declaration of nullity of the extrajudicial settlement agreement that was signed between the reinsurers and the beneficiaries
- Represented a global solar power energy company in a lawsuit filed by a Brazilian cement factory seeking to change the path of transmission lines in Northern Brazil
- Represented a global energy leader in an arbitration proceeding brought by the counterparty seeking reimbursement for some of the construction costs of an oil refinery in Southeastern Brazil, as well as damages for breach of contract in the amount of BRL130 million
- Represented a global energy player in an arbitration proceeding related to the replacement of certain electricity cables, as well as other sections of the cables that do not correspond to the technical specifications outlined in the EPC agreement entered into by the parties
- Post-Graduate Degree, Civil Procedure Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro 2009
- Post-Graduate Degree, Civil Law, Universidade Candido Mendes 2002
- B.A., Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro 2000
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Brazil Dispute Resolution: Litigation
The Legal 500 comments, "Felipe Hermanny, whose experience includes commercial litigation and arbitration, leads the São Paulo team."
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2022
- Latin Lawyer 250, 2022
- Notable Practices, Leaders League, 2022
- Litigation practice ranked by Chambers Brazil – Regions: Dispute Resolution Rio de Janeiro, 2022
Excellence and Relationship
Campos Mello Advogados was the first full-service Brazilian law firm to consistently use the NPS (Net Promoter Score) method. In the first year using the method, the firm achieved grade 83.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
- Member of the Brazilian Academy of Civil Procedure (ABDPC)
- Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAR)
- Brazilian Center for Mediation and Arbitration (CBMA)